Author Topic: 4th of July weekend shoot (pics)  (Read 3689 times)

chapmans

4th of July weekend shoot (pics)
« on: July 06, 2009, 06:06:05 AM »
  Here are some photos from one of the shoots that I frequent, I shoot with most of these guys at least once or twice a month, Denny always has a cookout on the weekend of the 4th, great food, great company, plus we got to shoot muzzleloaders.

I think it's safe to say everyone enjoyed the day.
  Steve C.

Pennsylvania Professor

Re: 4th of July weekend shoot (pics)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:55:35 AM »
Looks like a great time. Where are you in the picture?

ottawa

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 01:35:30 PM »
now that's celebrating the 4Th in a fun way

Daryl

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 03:25:53 PM »
COOL! - looks like some serious target rifles there.

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 03:31:14 PM »
Nice range.  Sure looks like you have a big variety of guns there, must be some old Friendship shooters..........Don

chapmans

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 03:51:36 PM »
Looks like a great time. Where are you in the picture?

I'm standing between the fellow with the camo hat and the fellow in the green shirt that are kneeling, my rifle is the only one that is in the white, you might know the guy that works on everybody elses guns is shooting an unfinished gun, the barrel just needs browned.
   Steve C.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:56:07 AM by chapmans »

chapmans

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »
  Don,
  Yes most, not all, go to Friendship, someone asked one of the fellows why he didn't go to Friendship and he replied, why should go to Friendship just to get beat by the same people who beat me here.
  Steve C.

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 05:57:13 PM »
We had our annual holiday shoot yesterday, because the range is closed for the 4th.  I always make up a big pot of baked beans, another grills polish and Italian sausages in beer with peppers and onions, and yet another brings sodas, chips and watermelons.  It is our best attended shoot......we call it the Freeloader Match because guys who don't normally show up for the shoots always turn out for the free food.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

chapmans

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 07:24:58 PM »
  I'll try and remember the menu......  Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, salads, cowboy beans,cakes, pies,and ice cream!! oh deviled eggs and of course all of the toppings for the dogs and burgers.
   We ate before we were done shooting and I had to shoot my 50 and 100yd targets when I would rather have been taking a nap, needless to say they were less than respectable. but I did place in both of them.
   Steve C.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:25:56 PM by chapmans »

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 07:42:45 PM »
Great looking setup & happy looking crowd.  I know fun when I see it!
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.