Author Topic: German style lock by Roller  (Read 1019 times)

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
German style lock by Roller
« on: August 13, 2019, 06:45:40 PM »
Bob asked me to post this picture for him.  Anyone who has had a Roller lock in his hands will recognize the superlative design and quality of this set.  Click on the image twice and it will enlarge twice.

D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Craig Wilcox

Re: German style lock by Roller
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 11:46:59 PM »
Bob always surprises me with how flat the main spring is kept.  This lock has a real nice bridal, also, and appears to come with a fine set of double set triggers!  Do you happen to have a picture of the other side of the lock?
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 12:01:19 AM »
Bob always surprises me with how flat the main spring is kept.  This lock has a real nice bridal, also, and appears to come with a fine set of double set triggers!  Do you happen to have a picture of the other side of the lock?

The outside of this lock is vary plain with no engraving or other ornamentation.
The hammer is one designed in 1972 by Bill Large and he had a mould made for
it. I got the mould in September of 1985,one day after we buried Bill. Les Barber
has it now and he does some work for the Mould&Gun Shop in Southern Ohio.
It is a good looking hammer and I restyle it a bit when I use one as I did with
this one.
This lock,screw and trigger set is what I made for a German shop in Mayen/Hausen
for several years.I do not recall how many but it was a decent number of them.
This lock plate is from L&R and is an excellent casting that needs little or no work
when I got it.The triggers turn on screws instead of pins and all of this style were
made that way,an added quality enhancer to me and the Germans liked it a lot.
 Bob Roller

Offline WKevinD

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 03:43:08 AM »
Beautiful.

Kevin
PEACE is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.  Thomas Jefferson