Author Topic: Projects  (Read 1973 times)

Offline B.Barker

Projects
« on: August 23, 2019, 05:24:49 AM »
I'm putting finishes on my rifle parts right now so I have to wait on oil to dry and steel to rust. So I've been working with my nephew some and doing other projects. Started the horn and handle for a knife blade and my nephew found the brass head axe that I started way back. Plus I'm trying to finish up the six powder measures I started back last month. Never enough hours in a day.

Offline Greg Pennell

Re: Projects
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »
Neat projects Brian...is the design on that larger knife gonna be pewter?  I have too many projects going on all the time...makes it hard to focus on getting anything done.  I told my wife I’m pretty sure I have Adult Attention Deficit Disorder...she just says I’m getting old...

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 04:44:03 AM »
Pewter is the plan although I thought about doing brass overlay for a minute or two.

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 09:17:22 PM »
You simply have too much free time.  You need to figure out some things to do.   :o
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 01:36:46 PM »
Good looking stuiff....and stuff rules...

Offline WH1

• Capall Mara Forge Website
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 02:33:30 PM »
Good looking stuiff....and stuff rules...

He who finishes with the most stuff wins!!!!

Nice stuff Brian, like the knife I am going to have to put the memory knife on my list of to do's now if I can just remember.

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 05:35:33 PM »
 ;) :D ;D... Always great work, Brian,... is Nephew the young man I met at CLA last year who made the great looking bags,..??? ....if so, he has great talent... and a great mentor, too,... he will do good,......CCF

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 05:35:34 AM »
Todd the memory knives can be fun and aggravating at the same time. This one has birdseye maple for the handle and hope it doesn't start chipping when I cut the design in. Getting the pewter to fill in all the nooks and crannies is another story.

Yes Dana it is the same person. Since he has settled down he has became interested in muzzleloaders and trying to help him as much as possible.

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 08:08:27 AM »
I always like your work  Brian.  It’s always good to see more.  That brass axe is a dandy.