Author Topic: JP Beck  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
JP Beck
« on: September 15, 2019, 08:59:50 PM »
A fantastic Beck repro auctioned today at Cordier. Hammered for a steal. Disgusted with Proxibid for a 24 hour wait to accept cred card payment and couldn’t bid. Someone is very lucky today. It was an amazing piece. Don’t know the maker but it was as good a representation as I’ve ever seen. Anyone know who made it?  It looked original it was so nice. @!*%
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Shreckmeister

Re: JP Beck
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 04:30:55 AM »

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 04:31:35 AM »
So who made it?

Offline gusd

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 04:42:22 PM »
Looks like the work of Andrew Fogelsanger 1990's
He sometimes restored guns for Joe Kindig. Wish Don Getz was alive as he knew Andy.
A friend has a Beck made by Fogelsanger. It's hard to tell from an original Beck.
Gus

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 04:48:08 PM »
I was told that the only thing he didn't age was the interior of the patchbox.  Sure is pretty.

Offline Kevin

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 07:42:57 PM »
Back in the 1970s & early 1980s I knew an Andrew Fogelsanger that built rifles but didn't stay connected later than that.  I was told that he had also built some furniture and, years later, lucked into a pair of walunt end tables with his signature on them.  He had a brother that also built guns but they, sadly, are both passed.  They were located in southcentral PA.

Kevin

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 09:32:34 PM »
Sure was talented