Author Topic: Territorials  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Territorials
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:40:41 PM »
The territorial matches of the NMLRA were shot 3 days past weekend.  46 shooters and fine weather.  Couldn't use wind for an alibi since there was none.

The medals were fairly well spread around and no one shooter hogged them all or even most of them....

Medals are fine for some.  In my book I'd be happier with a couple or three t bones.
Just my own hangup folks.

I have found a use for them since they have a nice ring thereon to attach to a wire for use as silohuette novelty targets...  Now don't tear me up to badly for this; but laying in a drawer they have little value and won't bring a dime at the estate sale. ;D  Ok, I should appreciate the fact that I am dumb/lucky enough to win any! ;)

Offline T*O*F

Re: Territorials
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:48:13 PM »
Now don't tear me up to badly for this; but laying in a drawer they have little value and won't bring a dime at the estate sale.
Rog,
I concur and the same thing applies to those huge collections of rendezvous medallions that one tends to accumulate.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline stuart cee dub

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:05:13 PM »
We just had our territorials here in MN too this past weekend and had a record turnout thanks to some out of state guests,over 40 including  a bunch of new shooters and some very capable women shooters who entered the regular matches.Thanks to Rick Repovich and his able assistants.

Those of us who have the need to compete and test ourselves against our own record and those of our fellow shooters need a little something.We can't all be Olympic greats but we still pursue it in a small and fun way.  As as kids we used to watch the wide world of sports '' The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat '' great stuff
Without good competition we will not get any better as shooters .
I have learned more about being a good sportsman , good shooting techniques and self control all  from  much better shooters than myself.I learned along the way that defeats that can lead to later victories .Some of us are just that way.
But I know where you guys are coming from. Maybe that is the next zen -like  ;)stage
Regards Stuart

erdillonjr

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:10:45 PM »
I have a pile of medals somewhere in a box. Maybe if they made them out of lead we could put them to good use. Ed

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 04:07:57 AM »
I've won my share of medals and I appreciate them when I do pull out a win or place in the top three. 

They're nice to have for fond memories of one's shooting days, and if you get your name and the score engraved on them (as most are already stamped with the, date, placement, & match), your kids can enjoy (I think) and understand better what this shooting sport ment to you after you're gone.

I may never win another medal in my lifetime, but I do appreciate the opportunity to take away some token of achievement from a sanctioned match for the reason's I wrote above.