Author Topic: Regarding posting modern arms/cartridges  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Regarding posting modern arms/cartridges
« on: September 20, 2019, 06:16:14 PM »
I hate having to do this but the problem is getting more frequent. 

Here is a link to our our rules/policies: http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=42270.0

These rules DO NOT allow for discussion of modern guns/cartridges. In the past we moderators/admins have allowed minor mention of modern guns/cartridges to remain, others have been removed some with warnings some without. Unfortunately the problem has gotten worse and  it seems that once someone mentions a modern gun/cartridge others are quick to follow their lead.

Our moderators donate their time and energies to keeping things civil and within the bounds of our rules, most of you have no idea how much time they put into this. They answer user questions, help members navigate ALR software, do background review of new member requests, reset passwords etc.

When someone makes a post that does not meet ALR rules, a moderator must take time to go through topics, split out the improper posts, then notify the member what/why something was edited. It takes time and when you do this over and over for the same reason it gets old in a hurry.

From now on when a member makes a post that contains reference/photos of modern arms they will face disciplinary action in the form of a loss of privilege here on ALR for a certain amount of time. Sorry that we need to take this action but it has gotten out of hand.
Dennis Glazener
ALR Administrator

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: Regarding posting modern arms/cartridges
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 04:58:49 AM »
TTT
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mike from OK

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 07:59:46 AM »
Dennis, I know this may sound like a dumb question or splitting hairs... But I want to be clear.

If I post a picture of an allowed firearm in my gun cabinet or on a cleaning table and there happen to be non-allowed firearms nearby or in the background... Does that constitute a violation of site policy?

Not trying to be a smart aleck. Just want to be sure.

Mike

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 01:29:12 PM »
Dennis, I know this may sound like a dumb question or splitting hairs... But I want to be clear.

If I post a picture of an allowed firearm in my gun cabinet or on a cleaning table and there happen to be non-allowed firearms nearby or in the background... Does that constitute a violation of site policy?

Not trying to be a smart aleck. Just want to be sure.

Mike

Mike,
That type of photo is not a problem, we try to be reasonable and as long as its incidental and not a blatant attempt to circumvent our rules it shouldn't be a problem.
Dennis

Offline Mike from OK

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 04:51:06 AM »
Many thanks for the clarification.

Mike

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 02:53:45 PM »
The crossbow didn't work for me. So, i've switched to a light modern muzzleloader. This will be the only time I talk about it Dennis.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 04:27:52 PM »
TTT