Author Topic: Flintlock Long Arms Presentation by Bill Ahearn  (Read 1468 times)

WESTbury

Flintlock Long Arms Presentation by Bill Ahearn
« on: October 24, 2019, 04:59:16 AM »
On youtube there is a 45 min presentation by my friend the Late Bill Ahearn titled: The Flintlock Long Arm in Colonial America Presented by Bill Ahearn.

For those unfamiliar with Billy, he wrote many articles about Rev War and earlier flintlock muskets as well as the book Muskets of the Revolution and the French & Indian Wars published by Mowbray Publishing.

Offline mr. no gold

• member 2
Re: Flintlock Long Arms Presentation by Bill Ahearn
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 08:13:41 AM »
WB, nice that you were fortunate to know Bill personally. I knew him over the phone when I would get in touch with him to get some information. His passing was/is a great loss to the fraternity of arms collecting. Too bad.
Dick

Offline conquerordie

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 01:25:21 PM »
I had one of the best conversation with Mr. Ahearn at he New England Antique Arms show when it used to be held in Hartford, Conn. My jaw still hits the ground when I think of that collection. Autographed his book for me too!

WESTbury

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 02:41:15 PM »
Billy was a very quiet and soft spoken guy and always willing to talk. He gave a detailed extemporaneous 30 minute talk about a great display of Rev War muskets a mutual friend of ours had at a Hartford show in 2007. Bill loved the subject and he did not, could not, hide it.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 04:40:02 PM »
 Muskets of the Revolution and the French & Indian Wars  was/is a huge inspiration and influence on my work, love that book. Never meet Bill nor did I know he passed. Lost a lot of knowledge when that man went on before us.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

WESTbury

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 06:36:32 PM »
I forgot to add that at the end of Bill's presentation you can leave the video running are there are at least two presentations of Dixons Gun Making Fair one each for 2015 & 2016.