Author Topic: Fringed hunting pouch...  (Read 1392 times)

Offline looper

Fringed hunting pouch...
« on: October 11, 2019, 12:29:05 AM »
Here's a little bag I made up. I just sort of winged it, not really following any particular design. I used some mountain goat leather for most of it, pillow tick for the lining, linen thread, and an old belt for the strap. I do need to make a buckle, though, and add on a length of strap to extend it a touch.

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
Re: Fringed hunting pouch...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:36:42 AM »
I like it Looper! I like to dye my thread to match. Kind of instant aging. But that’s just me. Others feel differently. Looks super.

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 12:58:02 AM »
I like the feel of that one Cheney.  So you are one of the multi-talented artists on these forums.  I am pretty much a one-trick-pony.  Keep it up.  :-)  God Bless,   Marc

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 05:44:50 AM »
Looking good, Cheney. How’s the stock work going?
Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry

Offline looper

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 06:11:18 AM »
It’s going good. I’ve had a few distractions with my elderly aunt and uncle and squeezing in some bow hunts, but I’m staying busy. Going to finish up a few more orders, and then get back to carving up some spec stuff. I’ve got a Berks County pattern I’m anxious to do as well as an early Transition. I’m doing that one in a nice piece of black walnut. I’m inletting a 38” D weight .58 cal in the Transitional. I may end up keeping it for myself. It oughta be an excellent hog thumper. I’m also working on some new patterns and building a custom Early Virginia for a customer.

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 11:17:22 PM »
Looper, do you have a website for your stock carving?  I’m starting to look for a stock for a winter project.

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Smokey Plainsman

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 12:26:08 AM »
I absolutely love it. Would be a top companion for a fur trade era gun.