Author Topic: More fun and games  (Read 2399 times)

Offline T*O*F

More fun and games
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:03:59 AM »
&Went out early today and reworked our woodwalk a bit.  It was set up while I was away and last month was the first time I'd shot it.  Used my smoothbore and hit them all.....it was too easy.  I rehung several to get more distance, and added 5 new targets......making 20 in all.  Everyone arrived and we all shot it......still too easy, most misses were three.  But we all had fun.

I found a bunch of 44 caliber balls in a pop bottle, so I decided to take an old Hopkins & Allen longrifle I had in the rack.  Hadn't shot it before so it was unsighted but I only missed two targets, vertical hanging pipes.  It was shooting a bit left.  At the end of the shoot, I ran a patch down the bore and it came off.  One of the guys had a ball screw and I tried to snag the patch with it.  In the process, the screw threaded itself into the patent breech and jammed.  Trying to back it out only resulted in unthreading the screw from the rod.  Now I've gotta unbreach the barrel to get the blasted thing out.

PS....it was 94 degrees and the sweat soaked clear thru the leather strap on my pouch, and I picked about 25 deer ticks off my body when I got home.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Ben I. Voss

Re: More fun and games
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 04:41:58 AM »
Sounds like you had a real good time!! 'bout the way my outings usually go, too.

Daryl

Re: More fun and games
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 05:15:04 PM »
TOF - some people just can't stand to have that much fun!