Author Topic: Shooting USA video crew at Friendship?  (Read 2132 times)

Offline Dave R

Shooting USA video crew at Friendship?
« on: October 16, 2019, 06:23:17 AM »
There was a video crew guided by Mr Flintlock " George Sutton " at the 2019 Spring Friendship shoot! Just wondering if it has been aired or if it is upcoming? I can't find any information on Shooting USA web site?

Offline Dave R

Re: Shooting USA video crew at Friendship?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 03:21:30 AM »
Anyone know anything whatsoever about this?

Offline snapper

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 04:09:46 AM »
I can check into this if you want, but it wont be for a few days.   Buried with work this week and in the Chicago area.  I helped them out a little bit on the rifle line.   I let them shoot my rifle at 500 yards.  I think they got footage of my son and others shooting long range.

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline Dave R

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 12:00:14 PM »
Fleener,
I would sure appreciate that! No rush!
Thanks.
Dave R

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 02:53:59 PM »
There was a video crew guided by Mr Flintlock " George Sutton " at the 2019 Spring Friendship shoot! Just wondering if it has been aired or if it is upcoming? I can't find any information on Shooting USA web site?

Anyone know anything whatsoever about this?

George Sutton is a member here (Center Shot).  Why don't you PM him and ask him the question directly?

Mole Eyes
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 04:30:51 PM »
I helped them out a little bit on the rifle line.   I let them shoot my rifle at 500 yards.  I think they got footage of my son and others shooting long range.
That wasn't this year, was it?  I remember those guys a year or two ago with all their camera gear and the drone camera flying in front of the firing line to get head-on pics.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline snapper

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 03:57:02 AM »
That was a different group.   You might not of been hanging out when they came this year for filming.

They were going to interview me, but one look at my face they said "this aint RADIO"   So, I dodged that interview.

Fleener

Offline Dave R

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 11:28:20 PM »
Yes Shooting USA was at Friendship back a few years ago however I am referring to Shooting USA recording at the Spring 2019 Friendship shoot.  :)

Offline snapper

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 11:42:32 PM »
I got Lora in the office checking on it.   Will report back most likley next week.

Fleener

Offline snapper

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 03:52:43 AM »
First Airing on Outdoor Channel will be November 13

I have access to the footage, however I promised not to share it.

I have not had time to few the whole thing, but so far it looks great.  I think all that see it will like it.

My son is the one in the yellow Iowa State University shirt shooting the long range rifle.

Fleener

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 02:42:33 PM »
First Airing on Outdoor Channel will be November 13

I have access to the footage, however I promised not to share it.

I have not had time to few the whole thing, but so far it looks great.  I think all that see it will like it.

My son is the one in the yellow Iowa State University shirt shooting the long range rifle.

Fleener
I'm assuming most of the footage was shot where all the action was, booth A6, The Stoner Creek Gun Emporium and Continual Soiree. Can't imagine anything more educational or more action packed than that happening place. I imagine Art falling over his feet and knocking everything off the wall in  the neighbor's booth is one of the highlights of the film. Probably why "He promised not to share it". Right..... ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline snapper

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 11:41:54 PM »
Brooks, if you would of shown up in June when the footage was shot, perhaps you could of been in it.   But since you were afraid of the weather, the heat or a little water and did not show up the masses will not see your smiling face! 8)

SHHHHHH, you are not supposed to tell anyone why all that stuff came crashing down.   I think gravity was the main reason.

Fleener