Author Topic: New Shooter  (Read 1285 times)

Offline B.Barker

New Shooter
« on: October 16, 2019, 04:30:11 AM »
Took my son-in-law out Sunday afternoon to shoot a flintlock for the first time. He didn't do too bad for a first timer and someone that never used open sights on a rifle before. I don't know why folks teach their kids to shoot with a scope but not open sights. My daughter can run rings around him with open sights but that's what she learned to shoot with. I'm pretty sure he's hooked though. He really liked the rifle and is wanting to go back and shoot some more. Makes me feel good to see a young person want to shoot something besides a plastic stocked gun with stainless steel parts.

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
Re: New Shooter
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 04:57:41 AM »
Good work Brian!!  You and several on this forum have influenced a whole lot of people and generations to come.

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 04:58:34 AM »
Amen brother. This year I’ve managed to get a few of my nephews to put down my black rifles long enough to shoot the flintlocks. They were blown away and now understand why the black guns are covered in dust and cat hair and the flints shine and smell of fresh bear grease.....

Offline hudson

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 04:35:56 PM »
At the fall shoot at Friendship my son brought down my great grandson we showing him around and he received some hands on experience. Along with another great grandson from a shoot past their mother informed me we have created monsters, two more wins.

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 09:45:32 PM »
 ;) ;)... Well done, Brian,.... Also, methinks you will most likely have an apprentice gunsmith in the making,... !!!.... carry on the tradition,... !!! ... regards,... CCF...