Author Topic: Lyman GPR Quality  (Read 4973 times)

Offline T*O*F

Re: Lyman GPR Quality
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2019, 01:33:54 AM »
Once again, the GPR is made by Investarms.  With a few minor details, it and the Investarms Hawken are identical except the GPR is iron mounted and the Hawken is brass mounted.  About 25 years ago a MS dealer had a 3 kit deal, so I bought 3 of them.  Built 2 for my sons and sold the 3rd one.  This is one of them.  I added a toeplate and a different T-gard.  Stained with CRO3 and wet sanded back using the sludge as a grain filler.  Finished with tung oil.

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline stikshooter

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2019, 03:45:41 AM »
Looks like you added a lot of quality /for sure Ed

jambuster

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2020, 10:09:22 PM »
As I mentioned earlier I have now been out shooting my GPR a few times and it is very reliable and has proven to be very accurate . So even though it is aesthetically not where I would like it to be it does seem to be a solid shooter . I did replace the ramrod with a Delrin plastic rod from TOW.