Author Topic: Germanic Musket  (Read 1769 times)

WESTbury

Germanic Musket
« on: October 25, 2019, 02:52:01 PM »
Relative to the post by UpLandFarm concerning the Germanic Musket, there is a great book, Of Sorts For Provincials American Weapons of the French and Indian War by Jim Mullens, published by Track of the Wolf in 2008. It is an excellent book covering arms sent here by the Brits for the Colonial Militia.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Germanic Musket
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 04:03:08 PM »
Been looing for my copy for literally days. It has vanished from the face of the earth.... :-\
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

WESTbury

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 06:21:52 PM »
The photography in that book is superb. Would that the photos in my book looked as good. Nearly 20" long full length views of the muskets.

The famous "Faber / Huber" rifle, which was the subject of some posts earlier in the year in this Forum, is on pages 81-84.

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 02:55:10 AM »
Mike you looking for a specific piece? I'll take some photo's of the pages and send them to you.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 03:05:57 AM »
Mike you looking for a specific piece? I'll take some photo's of the pages and send them to you.
No, I'd just like to find the book! LOL!....Thanks though. ;D
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 07:48:34 PM »
Found it! ;D

Offline Pukka Bundook

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 09:20:27 PM »
Where was it Mike?...................Right where you left it?

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 12:03:08 AM »
Where was it Mike?...................Right where you left it?
In a pile of old Rifleman magazines and old RIA catalogs. All of that stuff is out in the trash barrel now.....I call it 'down sizing"...