Author Topic: Gunmakers' Workshop  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Ian Pratt

Gunmakers' Workshop
« on: November 06, 2019, 05:25:08 AM »
 Ken Gahagan and I teach a pair of week long gun building classes in January at Canter's Cave in Jackson, Ohio. We've had two cancellations and can take a couple newcomers. More information is available on the Southern Ohio Artisan Workshops website - https://www.southernohioartisanworkshops.com/

We have a good variety of suggested projects to choose from. Students start with a barrel inlet in a blank and a suitable lock. Additional parts may either be purchased beforehand or made in class depending on each participant's plans.

A few shots from previous years -  we cover a lot of gun building in a short time! With multiple projects being worked on and each in a different stage of completion, students get to see and learn about a wide variety of techniques.

More photos and information on the website. I am happy to answer any questions here or you can send me a message.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Gunmakers' Workshop
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 04:19:51 PM »
How much does it cost to come and just torment the instructors? ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Great X Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 04:31:43 PM »
Can't answer Mike's question but I took the opportunity to work with Ken and Ian twice and am heading back a third time. Two amazing talents. I highly recommend it.
Robert Wolfe
Northern Indiana

Offline Ian Pratt

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 05:29:23 AM »
Bringing this back up as of yesterday we now have another opening. This would be for week 1 / Jan 10 -17. Send me a PM for more info, or I can answer your questions here. 

Offline Ian Pratt

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 09:15:58 PM »
....and bringing it back up one more time .... the person who had taken the spot in week one has had to cancel already. Please contact me if interested, or send us an info request through the website -   https://www.southernohioartisanworkshops.com/request-information.html 

For some reason I no longer get email notifications when people PM me here on ALR, so if you contact me by message I may not respond right away