Author Topic: Pedersoli Frontier .36 Flintlock Rifle  (Read 610 times)

Online Alaskagrizz

• Starting Member
Pedersoli Frontier .36 Flintlock Rifle
« on: November 08, 2019, 05:15:52 AM »
Pedersoli Frontier .36 Flintlock Rifle in like new/excellent condition. If youíre looking for an inexpensive but beautiful, light and deadly accurate squirrel rifle...here it is! You can literally shoot the gonads off those sneaky tree rats with this handy little firelock. I bought this rifle NIB (donít have original box anymore) 3-4 years ago, having only fired it on 2 short occasions...for a total prb count of maybe 25-30, both times at the range. Squirrels of any decent eating size simply donít exist here in Alaska, so Itís never been stomping out in the woods and therefore has no rash or blemishes to speak of and the bore is immaculate. It has a browned 39Ē full octagon barrel, adjustable double set trigger and a color case hardened lock set in a nice American walnut stock with brass furniture and no nose cap. Overall length is 55Ē and LOP is 14Ē. The only modification was to have a professional gunsmith drill one 8-32 threaded hole in the tang of the breech plug...to facilitate installation of a very small and obscure, but wonderfully functional lo-pro skinner aperture rear sight. Itís so tiny, itís almost unnoticeable except to the intended eye! You adjust for elevation by screwing the threaded post up or down (with friction fit lock ring) and still adjust windage by drifting the standard dovetailed front sight. It was an awesome improvement for my aging eyes, allowing for a much more clear and precise sight picture (comes with 2 size apertures that just thread into the base from either side). Presently there is a dovetail blank slid into the rear sight dovetail and the original rear sight is included. If you choose to go back to the blade rear sight, with an 8-32 cap screw installed flush with the tang...it would be unnoticeable. My only reason for selling this is that my health these days, just doesnít allow me many opportunities to enjoy owning it by actually using it. These are $825 new, but getting harder to find, as Pedersoli ceased production on them in .36 caliber. Iíll include shipping anywhere in the US legal to do so, for $525 total. Find a better deal on a pretty little .36 flinter anywhere...

Online Alaskagrizz

• Starting Member
Re: Pedersoli Frontier .36 Flintlock Rifle
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 07:31:00 AM »
A few things I forgot to mention: the weight of this rifle is stated by the manufacturer to be 7lbs., barrel twist rate is 1 in 48Ē and that Iím not interested in trades at this time.

Online Alaskagrizz

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 07:48:15 AM »
Correction on thread size of tang mounted aperture sight: 8-40 not 8-32. Further info found here:
http://www.skinnersights.com/lo-pro_sight_7.html

Offline Heyboy

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 03:32:17 PM »
What a deal! My cousin is looking for one for squirrels. Iíll be getting back to you

Online Alaskagrizz

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 07:59:43 AM »
Sold on MLF pending receipt of funds.