Author Topic: Shooting USA at Friendship NMLRA  (Read 1547 times)

Offline snapper

Shooting USA at Friendship NMLRA
« on: November 14, 2019, 04:56:17 PM »
Yesterday Shooting USA aired their footage from the National Muzzle Loader Rifle Association June Nationals.

Anyone see this?   If not you can go to their website and I think view it starting today.

It is a very nicely done story.

The young man shooting prone in the yellow Iowa State University sweatshirt is my youngest son.

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline T*O*F

Re: Shooting USA at Friendship NMLRA
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 11:28:25 PM »
The young man shooting prone in the yellow Iowa State University sweatshirt is my youngest son.
Yup, I watched it.  Had to fight to get the TV for 20 minutes because the wife was watching the CMA awards.  As soon as I saw that Iowa shirt I knew who it was.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 03:48:22 PM »
I’m glad for the publicity for the NMLRA. Art, I would have bet that was your son. I wish you could have done a quick description of the gun and the bullet. BTW, do you use grease gr or paper patch?
Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline snapper

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 04:14:02 PM »
I use both PP and GG depending on the rifle.    I think that the rifle we were using that day we were shooting GG.

If I remember right there was interviews conducted and we even got the guys running the cameras shooting at 500 yards.

It is always good to get the younger generation shooting on video.

When Ryan first started coming to Friendship, he did not like the long range stuff, so we were spending a lot of time shooting shotgun.   Now he likes shooting long range the best.

Fleener

Offline Skychief

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 08:50:18 AM »
I'd like to watch this.  Went to their website and poked around. Couldn't find the video there.  Can anyone provide a link to view it?

Thanks, Skychief.

Offline snapper

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 04:07:29 PM »
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/shootingusa

It will cost you .99 cents to view it.

Fleener

Offline Skychief

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 06:31:39 AM »
Thank you