Author Topic: R E Davis Company has been sold.....  (Read 3547 times)

Offline DBoone

R E Davis Company has been sold.....
« on: November 15, 2019, 05:56:05 AM »
Just heard from a very reliable source that the R E Davis Company has been sold to Log Cabin Shop.  Transition will take place over the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 06:00:19 AM by DBoone »

Offline AMartin

Re: R E Davis Company has been sold.....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 02:19:25 PM »
Tim Tressel called me yesterday and told me the news firsthand .. so yes this is true news .
He asked me to post this on here and all future orders to be placed with Log Cabin ..

And the beat goes on !!!

Allen

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 05:52:03 PM »
 WOW!

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 06:18:27 PM »
 Funny, I called Tim just after I posted, 0952, no answer so I left a message. He called me back at 1005. I have never had a problem getting in touch with him.

Tim C.

Offline Justin Urbantas

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 06:54:54 PM »
I wonder if they are going to make the Becky's locks again

Online rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 07:13:28 PM »
No light or heavy bashing. Our rules forbid it. No piling on.
Andover, Vermont

Offline AMartin

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 07:21:02 PM »
It's too my understanding that the Becky locks as well as the Jack Haugh lock castings  are from Pete Allan foundry . I'm not sure why they haven't been able to produce these locks ..
We need more locks !!

Al

Offline Gaeckle

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 08:59:24 PM »
Funny, I called Tim just after I posted, 0952, no answer so I left a message. He called me back at 1005. I have never had a problem getting in touch with him.

Tim C.

Same thing here, if I e-mail Tim or leave a message he always gets back to me. I enjoy chatting with Tim whenever I get the chance, I hope this is good for him. Things will be busy at the Log Cabin for sure.

lizkin

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 09:22:15 PM »
Hi Everyone, The news is true about R.E. Davis Company. We at the Log Cabin Shop are committed to maintaining the high standards of R.E. Davis Company locks, triggers and other components. The Log Cabin Shop has been serving the muzzle loading community for 80 years now and we are looking forward to this new opportunity to serving you in the future. Please understand that this is a big transition and we are doing everything in our power to make things as seamless as possible. Please reach out to me with any questions, concerns, requests, words of wisdom, etc... 
Log Cabin Shop 330-948-1082 email: logcabin@logcabinshop.com
-Liza Kindig
P.S. The "Becky Lock" is from Pete Allen.

Online Robin Henderson

• AKA "Wobblyshot"
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 01:17:17 AM »
Guess this means another empty booth at Friendship and no R E Davis tables at the CLA in Lexington.
Flintlock is the only truly reliable source of ignition in a muzzle loader.

Offline Dan Fruth

• D Fruth Flintlocker
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 01:35:02 AM »
I know this will be a lot of work to get everything up and running, but I know the folks at Log Cabin are up for the task.  All the best with this new endeavor.

Dan Fruth
The old Quaker, "We are non-resistance friend, but ye are standing where I intend to shoot!"

Offline EC121

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 01:44:56 AM »
I was told by Davis while looking for a part a while back that Pete Allan has some health issues and isn't doing any casting.
Brice Stultz

galudwig

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 02:27:50 AM »
Hi Everyone, The news is true about R.E. Davis Company. We at the Log Cabin Shop are committed to maintaining the high standards of R.E. Davis Company locks, triggers and other components. The Log Cabin Shop has been serving the muzzle loading community for 80 years now and we are looking forward to this new opportunity to serving you in the future. Please understand that this is a big transition and we are doing everything in our power to make things as seamless as possible. Please reach out to me with any questions, concerns, requests, words of wisdom, etc... 
Log Cabin Shop 330-948-1082 email: logcabin@logcabinshop.com
-Liza Kindig
P.S. The "Becky Lock" is from Pete Allen.

Just curious. Are you just taking in the finished product line that R.E. Davis marketed or are you also taking in the manufacturing side (i.e. Larry Zorne's shop)?

lizkin

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 05:17:01 AM »
The plans as of now are that both Log Cabin and R.E. Davis will be in their respective booths/tables at Friendship as well as the CLA, Kalamazoo and Canter's Cave. R.E. Davis will now have a presence at several shows that Tim has not done in the past such as Conner's Prairie and Lake Cumberland, maybe more. (might even talk Tim into stopping by).
We will continue working with Larry Zorne at the Mold & Gun shop for as long as he will have us (which I am counting on being a very long time)!
I understand that changes can be difficult and this one will not be without challenges.  I promise we are not looking to reinvent the wheel here but to preserve and grow this long standing pillar of the muzzle loading community.   

galudwig

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 05:27:40 AM »
The plans as of now are that both Log Cabin and R.E. Davis will be in their respective booths/tables at Friendship as well as the CLA, Kalamazoo and Canter's Cave. R.E. Davis will now have a presence at several shows that Tim has not done in the past such as Conner's Prairie and Lake Cumberland, maybe more. (might even talk Tim into stopping by).
We will continue working with Larry Zorne at the Mold & Gun shop for as long as he will have us (which I am counting on being a very long time)!
I understand that changes can be difficult and this one will not be without challenges.  I promise we are not looking to reinvent the wheel here but to preserve and grow this long standing pillar of the muzzle loading community.

That is good to hear. I love that the Log Cabin Shop is taking steps to preserve and grow these important businesses!  8)