Author Topic: Tom Faux of Brighton, CO.  (Read 1311 times)

Offline jgraham1

Tom Faux of Brighton, CO.
« on: November 20, 2019, 11:01:01 PM »
All,

I have an opportunity to purchase a 58 caliber Hawken half stock rifle built by Tom Faux.  It is a beautiful rifle, but I have never heard of him.  Does anyone have any information on his rifles and how well they are made?  Thanks.

Jerry

Offline smylee grouch

Re: Tom Faux of Brighton, CO.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 05:42:13 AM »
IIRC it was Tom set up on Traders Row at the old NMLRA Western Shoot about 10 years ago and he told me he was retiring I think.

Offline jgraham1

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 02:53:13 AM »
I have had a few responses and they advised that although he was not a rifle maker as a company, but did build as an individual.

Jerry

Offline blienemann

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 06:40:01 AM »
Jerry,

Tom Faux bought Ron Long's business and built those high quality locks and other rifle components, used to sell at Friendship and by ad all over the country.  Tom was mostly busy building locks which require good eye and hand, so when he built a rifle or other arm, they were also very well made.  If you like the looks of the rifle, you will be very happy with the workmanship.

take care, Bob

Offline jgraham1

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 07:27:28 PM »
Thanks all.  It has a single trigger instead of double triggers, like most Hawken rifles, but I bought it anyway.  Should be a great hunting rifle.

Jerry

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 11:38:50 PM »
I know Tom well.  He still sells a few things at the local get togethers.  He usually shares a table with Ron Mann (another good guy).  Tom built more rifles than you might think and they are all well done.  If you want to talk to him about that specific rifle, PM me and I'll try to get you a phone number.
Mike Lee

Offline jgraham1

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »
Mike,

PM sent.

Jerry