Author Topic: NO WIPE -Throwback to 2010 thread on shooting without wiping-AND MORE!  (Read 3795 times)

Offline coupe

• Starting Member
Re: NO WIPE -Throwback to 2010 thread on shooting without wiping-AND MORE!
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2019, 02:24:38 AM »
For the easily offended, I have tried to use search on alot of forums and found the same difficulty on most. If the words don't match the heading you find nothing, trying to rematch may still give lesser than hoped for results.
So if someone asks a question that is redundant I grant the doubt and just answer or pass it by, after all it is supposed to be a friendly forum, don't give a piece of my mind I don't have that much to spare.
JMHO
coupe

Offline varsity07840

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2019, 05:42:38 AM »
You can lead a horse to drink but you can't make him water.

You can tune a piano but you can’t tuna fish.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2019, 06:14:35 PM »
For the easily offended, I have tried to use search on alot of forums and found the same difficulty on most. If the words don't match the heading you find nothing, trying to rematch may still give lesser than hoped for results.
So if someone asks a question that is redundant I grant the doubt and just answer or pass it by, after all it is supposed to be a friendly forum, don't give a piece of my mind I don't have that much to spare.
JMHO
coupe

Searching would be much easier here if folks would take the time and interest to spell their words correctly and put KEY words in the title such that "titles only" searching is more effective.   IF there were limiting and exclusionary rules like quotation marks and minus signs operate on "normal" search engines, THEN we could has some effective local searching.  I don't know how the find more information about the nuts and bolts of the functions of the SMF forum software search function--or if such functions are even available in SMF forum software.

Apparently I don't know the right language to talk to those who understand such. I have tried looking this up but got no satisfaction.  Seems that there would be some way to manipulate the searches for limitations and exclusions but I've yet to figure any out.  If anyone anywhere can help that'd be great.

Offsite remote searches to this forum give us those controls back, but limits results to the indexed stuff (I think). I'm no html or programmer guru.  It is a frustrating thing to search with such limited controls, but I still do it because I respect the time that folks took to answer the same/similiar questions in the past, and also the discussions and points of view represented there-that may not be here for discussion any longer.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 06:18:26 PM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind