Author Topic: David Haney Memorial Shoot  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Herb

David Haney Memorial Shoot
« on: November 27, 2019, 07:53:50 AM »
Terry held this shoot Sunday.  I think there were 8 or 10 shooters, I was too busy to take many photos.  Friend Bryan was with me and we shared my .54 Kit Carson Hawken, shooting 50 grains of Goex 3F.  I was kept busy loading for both of us, Bryan does not have experience with muzzleloaders.  Being a retired Marine First Sergeant, he has shot everything else but.  This is how a muscular Marine mounts a muzzleloader.

This is how an 86 year old fading mountain man with a torn rotator cuff has to do it.

Everybody failed on the ax blade shoot.  Bryan and I both hit the plug.

Friend Dave Boender shot a .40 Issac Haines flintlock I built, probably with about 20 grains of powder, and tied for first place.  His target on the left has a hit in the bow tie on the target's left side.  My target is next, and I hit the right bow tie.  Bryan's shot was below mine.

The pumpkin was easy,, but not the little scarecrows behind.  The game was to hit the stick.

I was the only one to hit the stick.

We drew for the aiming point on the big scarecrow.  I had the crow's eye, but missed.  Bryan had face's left eyeball and he came equally as close.  He beat me, I came out near the bottom.  Had two shots go before I was ready, touched that front trigger when I wasn't ready!  A good time was had by all.

Herb

Offline smylee grouch

Re: David Haney Memorial Shoot
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 08:02:04 AM »
" A good time was had by all " is the best kind of shoot.  ;D Shooting is more fun when every one is happy and having a good time.  :)

Offline msellers

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 08:10:51 AM »
Looks like the weather was pretty nice as well. Makes for an even better time, when not to hot or cold, or windy.

Offline Molly

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 04:20:07 PM »
Wish I could have been there too.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 08:48:49 PM »
Those are shinin' times Herb.  Thanks for posting this.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.