Author Topic: Awesome people out there at the Range  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Dave B

Awesome people out there at the Range
« on: December 02, 2019, 12:26:46 AM »
Every now and then you run into great people. I made my post holiday run to the rifle range to test out changes to a couple projects and next to my station was a Father and son working on getting Dads rifle shooting on for the son. Dad stopped by to see what i was up to and noted that I was shooting a flintlock. He made some comment a bout having trouble with his sights and I took a look made some suggestions to help and went back to my work. He comes up to me later and offers me two new pounds of Goex, one of 2ff, the other of 3fff. the original price on the cans was $3.95  That was the price I was paying in the late 70's at the White Elephant in Spokane. He was using pyrodex in the TC Hawken they were dialing in. "Don't use this stuff any more though maybe you could use it up. No guarantees its any good." What a blessing. I was just thinking I should be looking at finding a place that sells the real stuff that I won't have to order up 25 lbs to get what I need. Made my day.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Daryl

Re: Awesome people out there at the Range
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 05:49:29 AM »
Good for you. Always nice to help out.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline flinchrocket

Re: Awesome people out there at the Range
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 06:52:47 PM »
You should have told him to use the black powder instead of pyrodex because pyrodex would eat up his barrel.