Author Topic: OldMtnMan  (Read 4188 times)

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
Re: OldMtnMan
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2020, 05:59:58 PM »
I just thought of another reason I should stay with a scope. Colorado is no scopes in the muzzleloader season. My Opthomologist filled out a form for me and got me a disability license that lets me use a scope.

If I get stopped by a warden during the hunt and he sees me using open sights with a vision disability license. How do I explain that away? I'm supposed to use a scope and I should stay with that. Plus, if I thought I could still use open sights i'd be using them.

Cripes! Hunting used to be so simple.

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 08:26:50 PM »
Dang, I didn't know that there were special permits for scopes during the ML season.  I do have a 58 barrel for a renegade that someone drilled and tapped for a scope.  The day might come!

I know what you mean about the peep sights.  I used one in December on a hog hunt on an 85 falling block.  Never again.  It was just ok on the range and near impossible in the field.
Mike Lee

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 08:44:38 PM »
It was easy for me to get a license. I have a cataract in my left eye and i'm blind in my right eye. I'm surprised they didn't give me a white cane instead of a license. :)