Author Topic: Sqrldog's latest new rifle  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Stoner creek

Re: Sqrldog's latest new rifle
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2019, 01:01:32 AM »
Santa Claus (Bama) just got to Ramer with my new CS rifle. I must have been a much better boy than I thought I have been. The rifle looks even better in person and yes it will be displayed at Joe Wheeler in January.  Bama said it will also be at the Cumberland show provided he can get me to let go of it.

I doubt that he could bring that fine piece to Cumberland. Poor thing, we’d hate for you to be without a gun for that long ;D
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2019, 01:03:02 AM »
You guys are making me homesick for Alabama. Great people and great guns to play with, while I'm stuck at work. Merry Christmas from the western Wilderness, we'll see you at the Jim's show in January.
Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2019, 01:42:57 AM »
  Jim an Squirrel dog...that is one fine rifle... But I see one flaw in it...it's not mine. !!...but then if I ordered something like that....!  I'd be sitting up on the mantle...before..Christmas...an I guarantee you all.....not. In  the shape I am now..  ROTFL.....Oldtravler

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2019, 03:05:45 AM »
Well the rifle weighed 8.9 lbs when I delivered it, Tim has done rubbed a half pound off of this afternoon and grinning like a possum eating saw briars.

Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2019, 04:36:44 AM »
Mighty fancy pig killer. Nice rifle Jim, I'm sure Tim is really happy.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2019, 04:54:08 PM »
Well the rifle weighed 8.9 lbs when I delivered it, Tim has done rubbed a half pound off of this afternoon and grinning like a possum eating saw briars.

Yep, Tim sure likes his guns, especially really nice ones like that one and even the weird ones I sometimes send him. ;) The best thing is he uses them.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2019, 12:12:41 AM »
Oooooooooo.  Beautiful work Jim.  God Bless,   Marc