Author Topic: Ohio Rifle Collectors  (Read 1796 times)

Smokey Plainsman

Ohio Rifle Collectors
« on: December 04, 2019, 08:19:06 AM »
Friends, I call upon any members here who collect Ohio-style, or “Vincent” type, half-stocked percussion muzzle-loading rifles. I have several questions on original implementations and accouterments furnished and used with such arms. If anyone knowledgeable on the subject would like to “strike up” a conversation, I’d be “all ears” as it were. I am especially interested in ramrods, their fixtures and and tools, of these type rifles.

Thank you so much, and have a great day! :)

-Smokey

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Ohio Rifle Collectors
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 03:37:33 PM »
 May find some contact info here or look through the Newsletters and see what you can find.

http://aolrc.com/

Tim C.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 03:43:53 PM by Tim Crosby »

galudwig

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 09:28:03 PM »
If you do Facebook, also look up the AOLRC page and look for posts from Bill Reynolds. "He's the man"when it comes to Vincent rifles!

Offline GrampaJack

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 03:05:43 AM »
I'm not sure where you live but you might consider a field trip to the Log Cabin Shop in Lodi Ohio.  The collection is open to the public and is probably the largest collection of Ohio rifles there is. If memory serves me (which is asking a lot) there are several Vincents on the wall.  Lots of good stuff to look at and if you promise to be good they might even let you hold one. They are also some fine folks.  Best regards Jack

Offline FALout

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 04:34:47 AM »
I give a thumbs up to visiting the Log Cabin Shop if your really interested in Ohio rifles.
Bob

Smokey Plainsman

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 04:36:32 AM »
Thank you, all. I’d love to visit the Log Cabin Shop. Hopefully some day I can get to Ohio!