Author Topic: Photos of todays shoot  (Read 3251 times)

chapmans

Photos of todays shoot
« on: July 19, 2009, 03:30:13 AM »
  We had our monthly line matches today at Stone's Trace, here are a few pics plus a few for TOF who liked the "Big Red House" This is Larry's and my "home range", this is where we do any testing that requires a shooting range plus we have a shoot on the third Sat. of the month, line matches.

Steve C.

Offline Roger Fisher

Re: Photos of todays shoot
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 04:34:03 PM »
Gotta tell ya!  Thats what a club range should look like.......Congratulations.....

Keep it going! :)

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 05:45:42 PM »
Steve,
Thanks for the pics of the tavern.  The wife and I love those old ones, but they can be a PITA to maintain because of their age.  Our first one had no foundation.  It was built atop logs supported by piles of rocks.  One of the logs was rotted resulting in a 3" gap in the corner of one room.  We sold it to a contractor who dug it out and put a full basement under it.

Our 2nd one was one the side of a hill and over time the soil slumped so it was above the plate, which had rotted as a result.  I rented a Bobcat and terraced it to make the repairs.  Luckily there was a fireplace on that wall and only about 6' needed to be fixed.  It had a basement with fieldstone walls which always seeped during heavy rains.

We now live in a small ranch with no stairs to contend with, in anticipation of old age.   :)
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

La Longue Carabine

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 07:58:42 PM »
 :o Oh you lucky dawg, that is an awsome set-up and a very beautiful place to shoot. To my knowledge we have nothing even close to that around here in my neck of the woods.

Great pictures and thanks.... :D