Author Topic: Brian Turner- Tenn/kentuky  (Read 1419 times)

Offline recurve

Brian Turner- Tenn/kentuky
« on: December 11, 2019, 01:12:07 AM »
I was hanging around a flinter shop near Williamsport (Muncy) and in walked a gentleman( US Army Vet. with an  Airborn  cap 75+yrs young) with a beautiful .50 cal Lancaster - swamped barrel browned- finely carved curly maple stained reddish and German silver nose cap trigger guard engraved and stock had wire inlay &  wood patch box , some real eye candy!  He state he had never had the nerve to hunt with this rifle ("it's to beautiful to beat up in the woods, so I hung it on the wall . Now I'm to old to hunt with it")
  He stated he had this rifle made way back when(70-80s) for $3000  by a fine maker but couldn't remember his name, from Tenn. but believed he moved to Kentucky. We looked on the barrel  and the was a name in script  BRIAN TURNER  (the gent said his eyes weren't able to see the name any more  ).  What a treat to meet the Vet. and see this work of art. 
He asked if anyone Knows or Knew the maker to post it.   He is going to try to have his daughter post photos (he doesn't  do online)

Offline BOB HILL

Re: Brian Turner- Tenn/kentuky
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 02:51:18 AM »
The Brian Turner I knew passed away on Nov. 30, 2017 the day after his 37 th. birthday. He worked with Jack Garner for many years. He inletted many swamped barrels for me and was a fine young man to do business with. Jack could tell you a lot more that I can about his building. Brian was living in Corinth, Ms.when he passed.
Bob
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 02:56:13 AM by BOB HILL »
South Carolina Lowcountry