Author Topic: Vendor Door Prize for the Alabama - Kentucky Rifle Show  (Read 1105 times)

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
Vendor Door Prize for the Alabama - Kentucky Rifle Show
« on: December 11, 2019, 03:07:24 AM »
Hi everyone

The 2020 Alabama Kentucky Rifle Show is fast approaching. The dates are as follows: Thursday Jan. 9th starting at noon until 8 PM is vendor set up. The show will open to the public Friday Jan. 10th at 8 AM and will close at 10 PM and Saturday 8 AM until 2 PM. The show closes at 2 PM on Saturday.

I have attached a show flyer that gives all of the information and has a registration form for tables. We still have tables available so if you have not sent your table reservation in or have been thinking about coming and joining in on the fun, please feel free to print the form and send it to me at the address shown on the form.

I am very excited about this our 4th year because the show is growing and I hope this show will be the best ever. I am at a record high for tables at 96 tables sold to date. We have added a second display room to help deal with the space requirements and I hope that everyone will bare with us as we go through this growth.

When I started the show 4 years ago I had no idea that it would turn out so great. The credit for that goes to each and everyone one of you that come and support the show. As a way to say thank you to all of the vendors that attend the show I started giving a door prize to one lucky vendor. I am happy to say that this years vendor door prize is a fabulous Southern Bag, Horn and Knife set that has been donated by the following craftsmen.

The Bag was handmade by Marc Hamel.

The Horn was handmade by Ron Hess.

The Knife was made by Todd Butler.

In addition to the above I am happy to add that Wayne Elliot donated an original ball mold to with this set and Medrick Northrop donated a fire starter kit.

I want to say thank you again to all of these gentlemen for their craftsmanship and their generosity.

I have attached a picture for you to see this set. Included in the picture is my copy of a Charley Bean rifle, sorry the rifle is NOT part of the vendor door prize. I just included it in the picture for a size comparison.

Every vendor gets 1 ticket automatically for each table that they buy . If a vendor wants to they can buy additional tickets for $10 each and can buy as many as they want. All the extra proceeds go toward paying for the show. Sorry I can't give something to each and every vendor but I can wish each of you the best of luck and hope that you have the winning ticket.

I look forward to seeing everyone and to another great show.

As an adder: this bag and horn set was based on and original southern bag. In duplicating this set I had to ask these great craftsmen to scale back their talents in order to provide a simple southern bag to go with our simple southern show, each as many of you know are capable producing much more ornate work. I think that they have done an outstanding job so please join me in giving them a vote of appreciation.

Thanks, Jjim Parker

Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Marcruger

Re: Vendor Door Prize for the Alabama - Kentucky Rifle Show
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 04:29:05 AM »
Some additional photos...…

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 04:30:55 AM »
The original set for comparison....

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 07:11:57 AM »
Awesome work, all involved!  That’s a very “believable” set...all the pieces go so well together it’s remarkable that so many different hands were involved. Great job!

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 03:49:36 PM »
Thanks MARC for the additional photos. As Greg has been mentioned this a very nice set and many hands have been involved in it’s making. This set is really quite impressive and I can not express my gratification enough to these craftsmen. Whoever is the lucky winner they will receive a very fine set.
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Top Jaw

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 04:15:41 PM »
Thanks Jim for doing this show and for making it into what appears to be a very successful event.  96 tables in year #4.  Not too shabby. 

Let’s see....Public welcome at $10.  Under 16 free.  Held in a nice place that doesn’t have to be an overpriced arena.  Prizes for vendors.  Wow, sounds like a Nice scenario for success!   Don’t want to hijack your thread.   I guess I’ll say it however because it needs saying.....”Are you taking notes CLA leadership”?!!

Offline WH1

• Capall Mara Forge Website
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 06:07:47 AM »
Jim,
Thank you it was an honor to be included on this project with craftsmen like yourself, Ron and Marc.  That little knife was a fun project but it was a lot tougher than you would think trying to exactly recreate a piece from photos. 

Congratulations on the success and thank you, it is wonderful that this show continues to grow and keeps getting bigger and better.  It showcases our wonderful state and its tradition so well.
V/R
Todd