Author Topic: Tornado hits Joe Wheeler park  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Tornado hits Joe Wheeler park
« on: December 18, 2019, 01:10:36 AM »
This is probably not the right place to put this but all the builders look at it regularly.

A tornado hit Joe Wheeler state park yesterday, it devastated the RV campground but as far as I know it didn't hit the lodge which is the location of the Alabama longrifle show in Jan.

If you are planning to pull an RV to the show and camp it appears there is no longer a campground although they may have most of the debris cleaned up by the time of the show. The formally beautiful campground looks really bad at the present as the pictures show.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 06:24:44 PM by Eric Krewson »

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Tornado hits Joe Wheeler park
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 01:15:05 AM »
The latest, the lodge is OK;

Officials at Joe Wheeler State Park in Rogersville said there has been extensive damage to the day-use area and about half of the campground. Utility crews are at the park and park superintendent Chad Davis said they plan to reopen once power is restored to the lodge, marina, cottages and golf course. The campground and day-use area will remain closed.

Offline Eric Krewson

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 12:20:32 AM »
The Alabama show is held at Joe Wheeler state park lodge. It was only the campground that was hit by the storm. The lodge and hotel rooms are fine, the show will not be affected by this. Eric I appreciate you letting everyone know about the storm but please include the comment that the park lodge was not damaged and that the show will not be affected by this storm  and will be held as advertised.
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 01:40:41 AM »
  I cleaned this up a bit. TC

Offline WElliott

• member 2
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 07:23:53 AM »
Jim, I am looking forward to your show. It has become one of my favorites.
Wayne Elliott