Author Topic: Need help identifying this Lock  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Gordy

Need help identifying this Lock
« on: December 20, 2019, 04:59:43 AM »
Can any of ya all tell me who this lock maker is ??? Has a unique insignia, have never seen it before. This a very nice quality made lock.
Thanks, Gordy

Offline Stoner creek

Re: Need help identifying this Lock
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 03:18:31 PM »
That’s a Haddaway lock. They were made until the early 80s. Known as higher quality locks. Spare parts are hard to get though.
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Gordy

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 04:49:28 PM »
Thanks so much S.C. Yes this is a very high quality lock, even has engagement adjustment screw on the tumbler for the sear at full cock. Ashamed they are not still in business. The frizzen opens so smoothly it would make you think it has a roller on it, but it doesn't. Again thanks for the information.
Good Day, Gordy

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 07:26:44 PM »
"Doc"Haddaway passed away suddenly in 1978 and these locks came to a halt.
They are good little locks.The last time I saw "Doc" was the Spring Shoot at Friendship
in 1978 and he asked me to make one of my Ketland locks for him to use one a Hawken
styled fullstock rifle.He passed away before I got it done.Parts and locks are rare and your
has never been on a gun judging by the lack of holes for cross screws.

Bob Roller

Offline rick/pa

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 08:36:51 PM »
I heard that his frizzens were used on T/C locks or maybe it was Lyman and that they will interchange with the original Haddaway lock.  I used a Haddaway on a rifle I built in 1976. Good lock, never had any problems with it.