Author Topic: A shout out:  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Wingshot

• Brand new NMLRA member
A shout out:
« on: January 27, 2020, 12:15:14 AM »
I had the pleasure of joining in a woods walk shoot today with the boys at Clairton Sportsman’s “bag, ball and patch” range and had an absolute blast. My first time ever shooting like that and the guys there were wonderful, Terry, Mike and the others (who’s names I need to remember) were great and very welcoming. The club is located in SW PA and I’d recommend checking them out if you’re in the area and looking for some fun powder burning.

Offline MuskratMike

Re: A shout out:
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 12:31:41 AM »
Great picture. Glad you had fun, keep going. Thanks for posting.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 12:52:54 AM »
Since someone is going to mention the ebony wood period binoculars, it might as well be me, since I’m here. Those are rare as hens teeth from what I hear.  ::)

...thanks, I’ll be here all week....

Offline Hank*in*WV

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 01:40:44 AM »
Sorry I missed meeting you today Wingshot. I agree, great group. Had to stay home with pneumonia.
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline Wingshot

• Brand new NMLRA member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 02:34:22 AM »
Sorry I missed meeting you today Wingshot. I agree, great group. Had to stay home with pneumonia.

Yikes! Hope you get well soon. I’ll be coming back that’s for sure. I’ve shooting muzzleloaders since I was a kid but mostly alone. I was obsessed with traditional archery and bow hunting for many years but I always enjoyed shooting and hunting with fire locks but just never had any exposure to this type of socialization with other front stuffers. Hope to meet you at the next shoot!

Offline Wingshot

• Brand new NMLRA member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 02:35:13 AM »
Since someone is going to mention the ebony wood period binoculars, it might as well be me, since I’m here. Those are rare as hens teeth from what I hear.  ::)

...thanks, I’ll be here all week....

...”and be sure to try the veal”