Author Topic: New Ram Rod Channel Molding Tool  (Read 10813 times)

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
Re: New Ram Rod Channel Molding Tool
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2024, 06:22:03 AM »
WKevinD,

No problem !!!  I'm glad you made one.  I did make a longer bar to ride in the ram rod groove as the short one I started with did not ride over the pipe inlets smoothly enough.  The longer bar is about 8 inches long but the dovetail cut is close to one end.  I reverse it to get close to the rear pipe where the RR groove disappears into the hole in the stock.
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Martin S.

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2024, 10:57:03 AM »
Davec2,

Where can one purchase burs like that?  Do you have to be a dentist?

Also, if you make some of these to sell, I would buy one.

Thanks,

Martin

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2024, 05:28:50 PM »
Martin,

You can get the standard 3/32" shank burrs that I use at places like Rio Grande and Gesswein.  I'm up to my eyeballs in work st the moment, but if I make any of these to sell I'll et you know.   ;)

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Martin S.

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2024, 05:44:41 PM »
Thank you.

If you make some, I'll buy one.  I am in no hurry.