Author Topic: The "Franken-Buck" completed!!!!  (Read 1870 times)

Offline MuskratMike

The "Franken-Buck" completed!!!!
« on: January 09, 2020, 11:50:12 PM »
In the fall of 2018 my best friend and lifetime hunting buddy shot this freaky mule deer buck. I have posted some of these photos before but there is more to the story. For the whole story get out your September/October 2019 issue of Muzzleloader Magazine for the feature article. Shortly after this hunting season was over Jim found out he has stage 4 lung cancer and has since been in the fight of his life. He asked me this year when I was over to his place for 8 weeks helping him through his chemo and radiation that he had two wishes. One was to get back to buck camp and kill one more mule deer with his muzzleloader and two: to take him up to our horse camp high in the mountains for an elk camp. I accommodated him on both requests and with the help of two more buddies we did get him to elk camp. He was so tired from his treatments that he couldn't do much hunting and was unsuccessful of either deer or elk. Tim Tuttle of Creative Taxidermy in Newberg Oregon heard about Jim's troubles and took the horns and created this wonderful European Mount. I pray the good Lord gives Jim a couple of more seasons but if this deer is his last at least he can look out upon it from his chair and remember killing The "Franken-Buck".
NOTE: I can not add photos for some reason. I get a pop up box that says my connection is blocked. Anybody know why this is happening?
UPDATE: I was able to resolve the issue and got the pictures loaded.
Latest update: Here is the completed project.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:54:12 AM by MuskratMike »
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline msellers

Re: The "Franken-Buck" revisited
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 12:12:15 AM »
Try using https: instead of http:  has to do with the new security protocols I am guessing.
Mike

Offline General

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 12:14:01 AM »
  Mike, it's too bad that we have to endure some of the things of life but that is exactly what it is.  Pulls on my hear strings and I for one am so glad you were able to help your friend out.  Good on you, keep up the good work.  Thank you
Best Wishes to all
                  George Patton

Offline msellers

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 12:26:40 AM »
Can you send me the photo, will try and post for you.
Mike

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 07:12:01 AM »
Thank you Msellers for your help. It was an issue with my firewall and security firm.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire

Offline Notchy Bob

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 08:41:02 PM »
This was a great post. I am very sorry to hear of your buddy Jim's diagnosis and battle with "the big C," but it warms my heart to know there are still people in this world who value friendship and are willing to go the extra distance for a pal.

That's also a very impressive deer.  Personally, I find the "European" skull mounts to be much more appealing than standard taxidermy.  The photos show a very nice mount, that does honor to the buck.

I did read the story in Muzzleloader a while back, and I'm glad they continue to print a few hunting stories now and then.

Good on you, Bub.

Notchy Bob
"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us.  Should have rode horses.  Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Offline msellers

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 09:39:50 PM »
Thank you Msellers for your help. It was an issue with my firewall and security firm.
My pleasure, my internet was acting up last night and giving me issues getting your email downloaded. Glad upu got it figured out.
Mike

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 08:29:01 PM »
Thanks to everybody who helped me with this project!
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire

Offline shifty

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 06:25:46 PM »
Thanks to everybody who helped me with this project!

That is a very good DEED there MM.