Author Topic: Drop point Hunter.  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Two Feathers

Drop point Hunter.
« on: January 16, 2020, 10:16:55 PM »
Hi
 I don't know if this is the place for a more modern knife, but I just finished this one and wanted to show it. No sheath yet, but soon.  The overall is 7.25" long. The blade is 3-5/8" long by 1/8" thk 1075 high carbon steel. It's 1.25" wide. The handle is figured Black Walnut and attached with (2) 3/16" Mosaic pins which I make. It has a 1/4"OD brass lanyard tube through the handle and tang for attaching a leather or rawhide wrist thong, if your worried about dropping it overboard, or dropping it while field dressing your kill. If this is the wrong place, I apologize. Please point me to where I belong.
Thanks.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Offline Tilefish

Re: Drop point Hunter.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 03:00:50 AM »
That is a beautifull knife right there. Great shape to it.
Chad

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 07:13:34 PM »
I really like that knife..perfect size and shape for all sorts of chores.  Just enough blade length and belly to make a good skinning/caping knife, or for processing small game. I’d make a neck sheath for it, to keep it close to hand.

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline Two Feathers

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 09:06:58 PM »
That is a beautifull knife right there. Great shape to it.
Tilefish
 Thank you. I appreciate your comment.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Offline Two Feathers

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 09:11:06 PM »
I really like that knife..perfect size and shape for all sorts of chores.  Just enough blade length and belly to make a good skinning/caping knife, or for processing small game. I’d make a neck sheath for it, to keep it close to hand.

Greg
Greg
 Thank you. I have every intention of making a nice sheath, but I wanted to show this knife and see what the members thought of it? No point to wasting time if no one thought much of it.  I appreciate your comments. As soon as I get the sheath made, I'll post pics. of it.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 10:31:56 PM »
I do like that knife.  It would be perfect for me..hint, hint ;)

That is one dang good looking knife!
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Bull Shannon

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 01:24:19 PM »
I think it's an excellent knife with very good proportions. Personally, I need a knife with at least a four inch handle and a cutting edge of less than five inches but at least 2.75 or so. Large Bowie knives are impressive but aren't all that useful in camp or when dressing game. I especially like the black walnut scales as that is one of my favorite woods. Yes, it probably isn't at all period correct with the exception of the wood but you should be proud of your work.
You can't kill a man who is born to hang!