Author Topic: Golcher locks  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Chawbeef

• Starting Member
Golcher locks
« on: January 17, 2020, 03:18:51 PM »
Can anyone hazard a guess as to the age of these locks. Thanks in advance...................Daniel

It's not the mountain ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in yer moccasin.

Offline cshirsch

Re: Golcher locks
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 03:37:54 PM »
The style of the name stamps suggest that they are later, after 1865.  Very nice set in fine condition.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 03:41:29 PM »
The style of the name stamps suggest that they are later, after 1865.  Very nice set in fine condition.

I agree.They are a common and very good internal mechanism and my new ones were very
similar but with closer dimensions.
Bob Roller

WESTbury

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 03:52:15 PM »
Nice looking locks.

Are they from a double rifle or shotgun?

Offline Chawbeef

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 05:40:11 PM »
Nice looking locks.

Are they from a double rifle or shotgun?

Good question. I got them from a fellow I have never met. I frequent a hunting and fishing forum here in Ontario and had posted pics of my rifle builds and this generous person gifted me these locks and an iron trigger guard. He left them on my front porch when I was away. Never met the Gent to thank him........................Daniel
It's not the mountain ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in yer moccasin.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 08:21:40 PM »
They appear to me to have never been used.  They are also more finely made than some Golcher locks I have seen.  They would go nicely on either a double gun or rifle.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.