Author Topic: 40 cal H&H 32" 7/8 1/56 barrel. I was wondering how accurate this barrel is?  (Read 1100 times)

Offline sonny

I have a 40 Cal H&H 32" barrel 1/56 7/8. Wondering if any other shooters out there have this barrel on the firing line an how accurate this configuration is? H&H is out of business I think!................I sometimes have thoughts about a half stock Vincent style rifle for target shooting with this barrel............looking at it in my gun safe is starting to work on me......sonny

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
One holer.
Andover, Vermont

Offline Daryl

1/2 stock Vincent sounds like a good idea for that barrel.  How it shoots will be found out.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Molly

We had an older "contemp" made with a 32 cal H&H barrel.  Overall the rifle was poorly done but a good gunsmith was able to fix all the problems.  As far as the barrel goes it was excellent.  Sold it all and the most appealing part was the barrel.

Currently have a 32 cal by a very well know maker.  H&H straight barrel and it is an excellent shooter.

Offline smylee grouch

As has been said, how well it shoots will be found out at load work up time.  ;D  :)

Online Roger B

• You wouldn't have a snack, would you?
My experience with H&H was extremely good. I dont think you will be disappointed.
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.