Author Topic: The Brennan Family Craftsmen  (Read 1800 times)

Paul E. Wog

The Brennan Family Craftsmen
« on: February 10, 2020, 11:12:53 AM »
Sweetie Pie and I had the great pleasure Friday to spend the afternoon with Jud, Jesse and Seth Brennan at their workshops near Delta Junction, Alaska.
It was a wonderful opportunity to chat with some of the premier contemporary artisans in the field of blackpowder firearms and accoutrements working today.
Not only are these gentlemen outstandingly talented craftsmen in all disciplines of wood and metal work, they are extremely hospitable and open to questions about their craft.
It was truly a pleasure, and the hours flew by far too fast!
I had hoped that perhaps with all that talent concentrated in one spot, I might somehow gain some extraordinary abilities through the powers of osmosis.... but alas, I have been told such was not the case🤣

Seth, Jud, Me, and Jesse
I am holding a fossilized Walrus tusk that Jesse uses in his jewelry.

Jesse and Seth with a newly finished collaborative rifle.  The lock was handmade by Seth.  Metal and stock work by Jesse.

Jud and I with his most recently completed pistol. He generously allowed Sweetie Pie and I to examine it at length.
What a wonderful afternoon!

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
Re: The Brennan Family Craftsmen
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 05:54:38 PM »
I can't say how much I admire the work of these guys.  Hard, steady work done at such a high level for so many years.... 

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 06:16:54 PM »
Very cool. I ran a trap line back in the ‘80s near Delta Junction. Cold and windy. And beautiful. And windy...

Offline louieparker

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 08:58:41 PM »
I agree with the words of Jim K.  Their abilities  are unbelievable .  Masters of the crafts...............Louie

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 03:57:58 AM »
I’m sure that was a great experience. Huge fan of their craft.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 03:21:35 PM »
Met Judd briefly at an early CLA show. A gentleman above all else.
Mark

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 04:29:08 PM »
Masterful work, always
Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry