General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

"Fantastic" as a patch lube ???

(1/2) > >>

Skychief:
I wonder what you all think of using "Fantastic" spray cleaner as a patch lube.   I have a friend that recommended it over sucking on pillow ticking for hours at a match.   I have since tried it and all seemed to go well.   Anybody else use it as a patch lube?   Pros, cons???

stoat:
One of our shooters won our largest yearly offhand match using Fantastic as a
lube.

I'm using it and for me it works better than spit.

Roger Fisher:

--- Quote from: stoat on July 30, 2009, 03:23:54 AM ---One of our shooters won our largest yearly offhand match using Fantastic as a
lube.

I'm using it and for me it works better than spit.

--- End quote ---
I have a hunch maybe he shot well in spite of using that stuff!

If you use fantastic it's fantastic for certain ;) ;D

Serious - I never bothered or thought of trying it!

Michigan Flinter:
I've used it in my chunkgun to clean between shots and left the bore wet then use a drop tube to load the powder charge .I like it better than a spit patch . At the end of the match it cleans the bore faster than soap and water .Then i use Cleansoil for lube.  Eric D. Lau Riverdale Mi.

Roger Fisher:

--- Quote from: Eric D. Lau on July 31, 2009, 03:08:52 AM ---I've used it in my chunkgun to clean between shots and left the bore wet then use a drop tube to load the powder charge .I like it better than a spit patch . At the end of the match it cleans the bore faster than soap and water .Then i use Cleansoil for lube.  Eric D. Lau Riverdale Mi.

--- End quote ---
Well Eric I for one must ask did you see tighter grps with the Fantastic system than with spit???    If you use teflon does that group better or worse than any of the others???     :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version