Author Topic: Favorite Two Accoutrements You've Made In Last 12 Months - Show Us  (Read 6873 times)

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
Re: Favorite Two Accoutrements You've Made In Last 12 Months - Show Us
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2020, 08:46:13 PM »
Not even leather related.  This bad boy will hold about 25 rounds for a trail walk and will fit over either a button on my weskit or one on my belt.

I always wanted a hefty but small  camp knife, so I made this Cukoo Knife to also hang from the belt.  It's not really a Puuko or Leuku but comes from the part of Skandanavia where all the Gnomes live.

Evidently most of the Gnomes came through Philadelphia  around the time of the Anabaptists.  The latter became the Amish and Mennonites and the former can once in a while be seen hanging off their buggies and laughing when the horses fertilize the roads.

Offline bigsmoke

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2020, 09:27:53 PM »
Well shucks.  In looking back over the past 12 months, I cannot think of a single thing that I have made for myself.  I guess all work and no play makes John a dull boy.

But I have made at least 100 powder horns of various size and style.  But did I take a photo of any of them? No, surely didn't.  Did I number any of them?  No to that also.  Oh well, so it goes in the production shop.  Which by the way closed on 1/1/2020.  Decided that after 36 years making powder horns, I had inhaled enough horn dust for 7 lifetimes.

But, for chuckles and grins, here is one that I made about a year and a half ago.  I didn't sell it.  My wife did.

John (Bigsmoke)

Offline Jim Spray

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2020, 09:30:20 PM »
Couple of powder measures I made for Bob McBride and a little hollow body trade beaver that I remember why I don't make any more. These old hands just don't work like they once did.

Offline Natureboy

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2020, 10:13:44 PM »
  I'm trying to add an image to my contribution to this thread, but I seem to be getting led in circles. Any advice?

Offline Mike from OK

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2020, 10:30:15 PM »
Couple of powder measures I made for Bob McBride and a little hollow body trade beaver that I remember why I don't make any more. These old hands just don't work like they once did.

Are those measures made from walnut and horn Jim?

And I guess you're saying I'm out of luck if I request one of those beavers? LOL

Mike

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2020, 10:39:00 PM »
  I'm trying to add an image to my contribution to this thread, but I seem to be getting led in circles. Any advice?

Once you hit ‘add image to post’ and then ‘Browse from your device’ and ‘upload’ after selecting the pics, wait 10 second or so and it will kick back to the thread. I’ve had issues trying to hit buttons instead of waiting. That may be it.

Offline Jim Spray

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2020, 10:45:16 PM »
Mike, Yes they are walnut and horn. I do have one beaver left. They are not very big.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2020, 11:06:38 PM »
I typed this up once but I guess the "PC Gremlins" got it.

First click reply, type your message in the text box. Below left click "Add image to post" You will see this:

"Drag and drop or paste images here to upload

You can also browse from your computer or add image URLs."

Click "browse from you computer", then find the Pix in your Picture Library, click it to highlight it, then click "open" on the bottom right. You will see your Pic and "Download" click "Download". The Link, Not the Pic will show up in your text box. Click post and your done.

Tim C.

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2020, 09:38:27 AM »
Mike, Yes they are walnut and horn. I do have one beaver left. They are not very big.

The eyelet for hanging it made me think it was a platypus.... lol.

Online Nordnecker

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2020, 02:22:40 PM »

I made these in the last 2 evenings. The turnscrew is made from an old hay rake tine. The pan brush has turkey beard bristles.
It's a whole new world with the wife working from home.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:28:04 PM by Nordnecker »
"I can no longer stand back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids."- Gen Jack T. Ripper

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2020, 07:55:42 PM »
I've just made a couple of knives for myself, one sheath knife with a Damascus blade, the other a two-bladed pocket knife.  But I got the blades from a commercial source, as my forge skills are worse than poor.  I'll see if I can get am inexpensive camera in the near future.

Glad to see that it was not we Mennonites that were laughing at the fresh fertilizer - we bemoan getting the stuff on our shiny cars!
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2020, 10:19:22 PM »
Both of these were posted here before and sold shortly after they were finished.   Actually, the horn was sold before it was finished.  I never get to keep my best work.    At least I take good pictures.

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2020, 01:23:08 AM »
THats beautiful work Mark.

Offline will payne

• AKA dead eye/ Coder /Ethical Hacker
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2020, 01:44:33 AM »
Here is a flint wallet I made about six months back I like it a lot. My dad helped me too. Y’all might actually remember this. I keep my touch hole pick and a screw driver to tighten the screw on lock of a flint lock. And some flints.

🕯
Will

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2020, 05:12:08 AM »
Will, that’s a nice looking wallet, good job!  I think that’s what I love about muzzleloading so much...there’s always something neat to make!  Keep at it!

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline will payne

• AKA dead eye/ Coder /Ethical Hacker
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2020, 03:40:44 PM »
Will, that’s a nice looking wallet, good job!  I think that’s what I love about muzzleloading so much...there’s always something neat to make!  Keep at it!

Greg
thanks someone actually really liked my wallet and they asked me to make one for the them. I was really proud of that.
Will
🕯
Will

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2020, 05:12:14 PM »
I was really happy with this bag. 

Cory Joe Stewart

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2020, 06:31:02 PM »
Here's some of what I've been doing for the last little while.  Bullet board, a spice horn and a combination salt/pepper horn,  brass oil container, leather covered rum bottle, and a European style powder container made from an elk antler