Author Topic: Update  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Jim Chambers

Update
« on: March 23, 2020, 04:31:49 PM »
Like a lot of people we are working from home.  Wait, our shop is on the first floor, we live on the second and third floors, so, for us, it's business as usual.
Seriously, we have over 100 rifle and pistol kits in inventory, we have locks and parts on hand, and all of our workers (who work from home anyway) are still assembling locks as usual.  We are still shipping out orders every day.  We have shifted our business hours slightly to 10am to 6pm M-F. Otherwise, nothing has changed.  If you need a project to work on while trapped at home or just need a part to fix or to complete a rifle or pistol just give us a call.  We are all healthy, we have two deer in the freezer, plenty of fresh fish in the lake, and enough MREs to last for a long while.  We're here for any of your muzzleloading needs or just to answer any questions you might have.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy.
Jim, Karen & Barbie

Offline t.caster

Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 04:46:03 PM »
Jim, Thanks for the update, glad you are all well. I just started sealing the PA Fowler kit you sent me a couple weeks ago. Nothing fancy, the fellow just wanted a very plain hunting gun. Even installed a rear sight for him! Next one will be from a blank so it takes longer. No telling how long we will be quarantined. Stay well!
Tom C.

Offline Pukka Bundook

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 04:53:39 PM »
Very nice to hear from you Jim!

Best wishes from Canada.

Richard.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 04:54:45 PM »
 Everything sounded good until you got to the MREs :) Take Care

Tim

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 05:01:25 PM »
Hey Jim,  Good to hear that you folks are healthy and happy.  Pat and I are doing pretty much the same, lots of wild meat in the freezer, and there has not been a case of the virus within many miles of us here in the boondocks of northwestern PA.
Thanks for the last shipment of locks, most of them have future homes already. 
Best wishes
Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 05:26:38 PM »
Great to hear y'all are doing well Jim.  :-)   Stay safe.  God Bless,   Marc

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 06:05:49 PM »
I'm still working every day too. In fact life hasn't changed for me at all. Every day is Monday. Soon as I get done with the gun on the bench I'm going fishing, legal or not. ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline BJH

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 10:16:01 PM »
Good to hear you and your are doing well. Neighbor counties on two sides have cases of the virus. We are healthy so far, lots of prayers going up. BJH
BJH

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 10:29:30 PM »
Good to hear you and your are doing well. Neighbor counties on two sides have cases of the virus. We are healthy so far, lots of prayers going up. BJH

Not many cases reported here in WV but we still are not taking any chances.
My wife has to use a nebulizer a lot plus Advair 50-500 from time to time so
she is the really cautious one.I am no gambler either with a health issue I know
not much about other than to a man my age,it might be fatal.I'll be 84 on Friday
and hope to celebrate here at home.
If I decide to gamble I'll buy lottery tickets.
Bob Roller

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 10:30:15 PM »
Let’s not mock ethnicities.
Andover, Vermont

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 10:33:40 PM »
I'm still working every day too. In fact life hasn't changed for me at all. Every day is Monday. Soon as I get done with the gun on the bench I'm going fishing, legal or not. ;D

Water is too high for fishing here. Moderate flood stage.
Andover, Vermont

Offline Daryl

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 10:44:36 PM »
Still ice on all of the lakes here, so fly fishing is not so good.

Confined to barracks anyway due to just getting home from Australia on Friday, 4 weeks early.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 11:26:31 PM »
Snowing here today and minus 10 tonight.  Ice on the lakes is too iffy for ice fishing and the lakes are still all frozen over.  It's that in between seasons time here when the island people are "self isolated " :)
waiting for break up. Might be a long wait.

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 11:38:32 PM »
Jim, glad to hear that you and the family, and employees, are all doing well.

I do feel sorry for you if you have to eat very many of those MRE's.  Which is Meals Rejected by Everyone.  Still, I generally keep a few in the truck, cause you never know what tomorrow might bring.

If I can get ahead of a few things, I hope to make an order this fall, so it is good that you have some stock up and ready to go.

God Bless and Keep You Safe.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 12:31:06 AM »

Water is too high for fishing here. Moderate flood stage.
A couple feet over flood stage here  on the Mississippi too, looks like a repeat of last year, no fishing again.. I've been fishing the Wapsipinicon for several weeks  now. Just like last year I'll be fishing the smaller rivers this year and my favorite farm ponds. I'm guessing any of the state owned lakes are probably closed for my own protection like everything else.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 07:48:13 AM »
Glad to here that y’all are doing well, Jim. Stay safe, my friend.
Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry

John Morris

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 02:22:57 PM »
Good morning Jim, being the FNG in these parts, how do we view your goods and order? Thanks sir!

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 03:28:26 PM »
flintlocks.com baby.  :)

John Morris

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 04:01:02 PM »
flintlocks.com baby.  :)

That's an easy one to remember! Thanks Bob.

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 04:04:01 PM »
Good to hear Jim.  Just remember,  you won't need TP if you have to start eating those MRE's.

Offline hudson

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 04:21:36 PM »
Glad to hear from you and all is well hopefully will see you at Friendship.

Offline BillF/TRF

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 04:46:10 PM »
Great to hear that everyone is doing well!  I promise to post finished pictures of my York County rifle this summer (its only been three years since I ordered the kit from you).  All the best!

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 04:33:19 AM »
that's good to hear.  Please tell Barbie the Little Feller Seconds Stock is working out well.

Don't shoot yore eye out kid

The CapgunKid

Offline Elnathan

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2020, 04:50:41 AM »
Good to hear that, Jim.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition -  Rudyard Kipling

Buckskinner

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 04:04:18 PM »
Jim,

Good to hear!

Tell Barbie she sent me a gem of a stock for the York I just finished, couldn't be more happy with it!  For my second build (both Chambers), it was a very smooth process and excellent product you put out again...  Saving up for a Fowling piece for next winter's project.

I need to give Barbie a call and order a ramrod tip,,, apparently I have lost it in the abyss of my shop.

Stay safe!
Scott