Author Topic: TN/KY Rifle Show Dilemma  (Read 3884 times)

WESTbury

Re: TN/KY Rifle Show Dilemma
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 04:56:35 PM »
One of my wife's sisters is a nurse in a hospital in Connecticut. They are getting near the "over whelmed" point already. She was issued one mask and was told it had to last for the duration. One of the nurses developed the disease and died at the age of 38.

This subject is getting off topic though. Maybe it should go the Back Fence.

Offline Molly

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »
Yes, and to that I suggest anyone holding reservations for the show check to see if their lodging offers a revised cancellation policy.  I understand that Hilton and Marriott have so one may not need to cancel as early as they normally would. 

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2020, 12:58:39 AM »
This topic has strayed severely off-topic.  Please do not post anymore general comments on the Corona/Covid-19 virus and resultant emergency.

Let's confine replies to the topic of the TN/KY Rifle Show Dilemma, comments and suggestions regarding whether to hold it, or reschedule it, when, where, etc.  Thank you.

-Ron
ALR Moderator
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 01:03:39 AM by Ky-Flinter »
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline One Shot

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2020, 02:25:19 AM »
As the President has extended social distancing till April 30th, I would think it prudent to cancel events till after that. Most of us are getting older and fall in a higher risk group. I would hate to see the event take place then have a poor turnout and the event suffer as a result.

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2020, 07:13:09 AM »
This is to notify everyone that due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus and concerns around gatherings, the 2020 TN/KY Rifle Show is cancelled.  Please remember it is your responsibility to cancel all hotel reservations and other arrangements regarding the meeting.  All money sent to the show will be refunded.  Thank you for your support and patience, see you next year.

Since Randal has now made the difficult decision, I am locking this thread.  His announcement is in a separate thread.

-Ron
ALR Moderator
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie