Author Topic: Kit difficulty: TVM, Chambers, Kibler, Pecatonica...  (Read 7361 times)

Offline Berksrifle

Re: Kit difficulty: TVM, Chambers, Kibler, Pecatonica...
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 10:17:51 PM »
Silky, I second everything you said about Cabin Creek Muzzleloading. That PA Mountain Rifle was my first long rifle kit too.

Ken

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2020, 12:08:27 AM »
Hi guys.  Since our products have been discussed I'll weigh in.  First, pick a kit made by someone who knows how to build high quality rifles.  Too many kits are made by people who aren't capable of making a top notch gun.  In my mind, there are three manufacturers who have this ability.  The reason I say this, is that if somone doesn't have this ability you're not going to end up with something of quality. 

The next thing to consider is who is making the stocks.  With traditional duplicators a lot depends on who is doing the work, what their equipment is like, how motivated they are to make a good product and their ability.  Let me say that there aren't too many that do good work in my view.

It's not just about how far somethingis completed.  It's just as much about how well it's done.  The vast majority of parts sets or kits have serious issues.  If you want to view fixing mistakes and problems as a way of learning, then I guess that's one perspective. 

We certainly aren't free from making mistakes, but we work harder than you would imagine to make a great product.  It's not easy, but this is a big reason for our sucess.

All the best,
Jim

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 03:36:23 AM »
   Well that pretty much answers that...Oldtravler