Author Topic: Bearden Rifles  (Read 6934 times)

Offline WElliott

• member 2
Re: Bearden Rifles
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2020, 02:41:25 AM »
 Thanks, Shelby.  But you gotta know when to hold ‘em.    :)
Wayne Elliott

Offline wildcatter

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2020, 04:21:42 AM »
This has turned out to be a great conversation and excellent photos, thanks all!!

Matt
You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2020, 06:51:25 AM »
 :o :o :o... Great one, Wayne,...!!! ... you sure know when to play your trump card,... !!! ... probably only one known,....

Offline Arnie Dowd

• member 2
  • Starting Member
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2020, 06:04:14 PM »
Shelby -  not a chance !  If Wayne will let it go I get it back -  should never have let it get away but it does now have  great "Southern" home.  Arnie

Offline Tanselman

• member 2
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2020, 07:00:53 PM »
Well, since Wayne won't trade his great little pistol, and Arnie has first dibs on it anyway, I think I am heat-broken and will put the iron mounted Bearden on the "Items for Sale" board. It wasn't made in Kentucky anyway, where my favorite rifles come from!  Arnie, glad to see you are still keeping an eye on this board.  Shelby Gallien

Offline WElliott

• member 2
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2020, 12:41:04 AM »
Arnie, it is good for see you on here, my friend. We need your knowledge on lots of these old guns.
Wayne Elliott

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2020, 01:56:08 AM »
 ;D ;D.. was just thinking about Arnie the other day,.... good to see you're watching,.. hope you and family are well, and  am still hopeful we  can learn more about that hinged T/G rifle one day... keep posting, Arnie,.. !!!

Offline Pennsylvania Dutchman

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2020, 04:11:27 AM »
Wayne, Thank you for posting the pistol photos.
Mark Poley

Offline WElliott

• member 2
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2020, 11:15:31 PM »
Glad to, Mike.
Wayne Elliott

Offline AZshot

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2021, 12:53:49 AM »
Researching Bearden rifles to see if any of the features of one of mine match, I found that in 2016 several were supposedly displayed here: 

http://www.flcmuseum.com/in-the-news/nov2016museumtohostrifledisplayre-enactors

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2021, 04:19:54 AM »
 ??? ???... I lost this signed Alfred Bearden rifle recently in an internet auction, because I didn't understand the bidding procedure,... the new owner is on this forum, and perhaps he can provide some better photos,... CCF

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 04:25:25 AM by Cades Cove Fiddler »

Offline Tanselman

• member 2
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2021, 06:50:05 AM »
CCF, I owned this little Bearden for a while, but it went to a new owner at the KRA Show in late June and I never photographed it since it was pre-sold well before the show. The gun was in great shape. I pulled the lock to see if it was original to the gun, and it absolutely was. Neat little rifle that I would date to the early-to-mid 1840s based on its single bolt, oval cheekpiece, and daintier size. It looked very much like an original half-stocked rifle to me, but I never pulled the barrel so it possibly could have been a shortened fullstock. To me it verifies, as in southeastern Kentucky, that flint lock rifles were being made well into the percussion years in rural areas.  Shelby Gallien

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2021, 04:42:57 PM »
 :( :(... thanx for the comments, Shelby,.... @!*% the luck,... !!! ... I'm still kicking my ass over this oversight,... well, maybe next time,.... !!! .... CCF

Offline Greg Fleitz

• Starting Member
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2021, 04:51:40 PM »
For all you Alfred Bearden Rifle enthusiasts.... I will be showing '5' Bearden rifles at the Fayetteville/Lincoln County Museum located in Fayetteville, TN.  Date is Saturday, November 13, 2021.  Times are from 9am to 4pm.   Sorry for late notice. 

I am Alfred's g-g-grandson and have much information on the family too.  Hope to see you there. 

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2021, 03:11:30 PM »
 :o :o :o... Greg,.. Do post a lot of photos,.. !! ... I lived just north of Lincoln Co. TN until recently,... would love to be there but cannot,.. North Carolina is just long a drive,... regards,... CCF

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2021, 05:19:07 PM »
For all you Alfred Bearden Rifle enthusiasts.... I will be showing '5' Bearden rifles at the Fayetteville/Lincoln County Museum located in Fayetteville, TN.  Date is Saturday, November 13, 2021.  Times are from 9am to 4pm.   Sorry for late notice. 

I am Alfred's g-g-grandson and have much information on the family too.  Hope to see you there.

Golly GEE!  I knew I'd miss something!  (been "off the air" for a little spell).  Dangit.  Of course I was in the Deer Camp in Maury that day-but I we could have come over for that, if it had rained or something.  Hope another opportunity arises, thanks.
Hold to the Wind

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2021, 07:37:00 PM »

Anyone here know Mr. Fleitz?  I pm'd him but he's not been here since the day after his post above. 
Did anyone make the showing?
Does he ever show anywhere else?
Hold to the Wind

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2021, 05:07:40 PM »
 8) 8).. Wade,... My daughter and family were in Fayetteville that day for the big Christmas event they have there every year,... BUT, I didn't see the post until after the day,... she would have happily taken a lot of  photos,... Oh, well,... maybe Mr. Fleitz will report back in,... !!! ..regards,... CCF 

Offline Bill Paton

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2021, 07:14:18 PM »
Wade,

Try contacting the  Fayetteville/Lincoln County Museum to try to locate Mr. Fleitz.

Bill Paton
Kentucky double rifle student
wapaton.sr@gmail.com

Offline Sequatchie Rifle

• Global Moderator
  • F. & A.M. Helion #1; 3rd SFG(ABN)
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2021, 01:52:07 AM »
Bill, check your messages. I sent you Greg’s contact information.
"We fight not for glory, nor riches nor honors, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.” Declaration of Arbroath, 1320