General discussion > Antique Accoutrements

Accouterments

(1/3) > >>

Mark Elliott:
I am posting this again for Dick Gadler:

"Here is photo of a collection of old acouterments that might be of some interest to the members. The hand scythe was made by one of the Derr's of Oley Valley; PA; the hunting bag is from Western PA; the long handled poll axe was found in Saratoga, NY; the large cannoneers horn is from Maryland; the double horn is from PA, and the rest of the items are also PA."

Kevin:
Mark,

Thanks for the posting.  I never tire of looking at the old stuff.

Kevin

Tanselman:
Suggested Board Adjustment -

This post illustrates a current weakness in the available boards. While we have separate boards for antique rifles and contemporary rifles, we do NOT have separate boards for antique and contemporary accoutrements. Fine supporting materials such as that offered above deserve a board of their own. I recently posted a fine ringed & bone tipped horn here...just to catch the eye of major collectors...before going to the Accoutrements board where posts are probably 95+% contemporary materials. I realize some collectors probably check the "Accoutrements" board from time to time, but the very high volume of modern materials makes it a less than go-to board for collectors like myself, since the odds of seeing original accoutrements over there is so small.

I would suggest either/or:
1) a board for original/antique accoutrements be created, or
2) the antique firearms collecting board be "opened slightly" to allow for original, rifle-related accoutrements that go with the fine rifles we get to see and discuss.

Shelby Gallien

Bob McBride:
I couldn’t agree more. A set of accouterment boards would be perfect.

jdm:
I'm with Shelby on this one. I  think it would get more playu.

Dick , Do you have a closer picture of the scythe?  I may need that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version