Author Topic: Lost and Found  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Top Jaw

Lost and Found
« on: April 06, 2020, 11:39:51 PM »
One advantage of a quarantine is, if you’re purging closets of clutter, you can sometimes come across things you forgot you had or haven’t been able to find in a long long time. One of my highlights was I found this version of a Tansel horn that I started over two years ago, and have looked everywhere for!  It was wrapped inside a sock stuck in a box of stuff that wasn’t even mine!  Anyway, it’s about 75% done.  And now I can finish it.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Lost and Found
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 12:37:13 AM »
 Looks like a good start. The fish mouth is a tough piece of work to get right and yours look like it is well on the way. I would like to know though why you have already fitted and pinned the butt in place? As it's said,  "To each his own" but I'm just curious. It is probably the last thing I do before final finish.

Thanks, Tim

Offline snapper

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 12:43:24 AM »
Nice find!

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline skillman

• The Usual Suspect
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 02:36:46 AM »
I have done the same. Once I even had the horn sold and couldn't find it. That looks like a dam fine project to work on. Please post the finished horn.

Steve
Steve Skillman

RoaringBull

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 03:15:42 AM »
I'm with Steve. I'm looking forward to the finished product as well.

Offline Top Jaw

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 03:39:25 AM »
Tim.  I normally do like you describe for a turned base plug and install it at the very end.  I don’t remember why I went ahead and put it in there now. I think it was part of a demo i was doing and I was showing some horns in various stages of construction. So I put the base in that one to show the progression.  It’s probably a good thing I did in hindsight or the base would probably still be gone!!   :)

Offline Mike from OK

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 03:52:29 AM »
One advantage of a quarantine is, if you’re purging closets of clutter, you can sometimes come across things you forgot you had or haven’t been able to find in a long long time. One of my highlights was I found this version of a Tansel horn that I started over two years ago, and have looked everywhere for!  It was wrapped inside a sock stuck in a box of stuff that wasn’t even mine!  Anyway, it’s about 75% done.  And now I can finish it.

I am the master of putting things in a "safe place" and then spending years trying to find them again. I am also the master of "I just set it down, I know it's here" while holding the object I'm looking for in my hand.

Mike

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 03:23:24 PM »
Any progress on that horn Top Jaw?

Offline Top Jaw

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 02:43:24 PM »
Nope.  Some major home projects jumped in front!  I'll get back around to it eventually and post the progress.