Author Topic: Stitching Holes  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Mike from OK

Re: Stitching Holes
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2020, 05:38:30 AM »
Mike,
Can you get access to a couple of barrel staves and maybe put that draw knife to them?

Wooden barrels are little tough to come by here. But I'll look around. And though I don't own a bandsaw, I may have access to one that I can probably use.

Mike

RoaringBull

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2020, 05:45:47 AM »
I think that I am probably going to purchase one of the pony's that has a swivel and tilt capability and attach it to a small table. It does seem to be a lot more convenient to be able to use both hands instead of holding it with one and working with the other.

Offline Mike from OK

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2020, 08:54:38 AM »
I think that I am probably going to purchase one of the pony's that has a swivel and tilt capability and attach it to a small table. It does seem to be a lot more convenient to be able to use both hands instead of holding it with one and working with the other.

My little one has a base that slips under one of my legs while I'm sitting in a chair... But get a comfy chair, mine is an old hard wooden chair and my tailbone goes to sleep. Lol

The old fashioned style like the one Harry Rogers made (in the video I shared) rests on the floor and you hold it up between your knees, hands free for sewing.

Mike

Offline Copper Dave

• Starting Member
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2020, 10:08:46 PM »
I picked this up at an antique shop for $40. Use it to do stitching and it works great. Foot lever to engage a bracket to tighten jaws and frees both hands to work

Offline Nordnecker

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2020, 02:37:32 PM »
There's a good thread on stitching back on page 70. Responses were a little different in 2010.
"I can no longer stand back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids."- Gen Jack T. Ripper

RoaringBull

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 02:39:06 PM »
I picked this up at an antique shop for $40. Use it to do stitching and it works great. Foot lever to engage a bracket to tighten jaws and frees both hands to work

that is very cool!

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 03:25:04 AM »
Ive always just used an awl and sit on the couch or porch and stitch.  I did recently get a punch set because of a hand injury but still mainly stick with the awl.

Cory Joe Stewart