Author Topic: Hartford Armory??  (Read 1558 times)

Offline EC121

Hartford Armory??
« on: April 12, 2020, 08:22:48 PM »
TOTW has a rifle by Hartford Armory.  While I 'm not interested in the rifle, I am curious about the Hartford Armory.  They seem to have sold some BP revolvers but I can't find any info about their muzzleloaders.  As Fox Mulder said: " The truth is out there, Scully."  Someone out there knows.
Brice Stultz

Offline Roger B

• You wouldn't have a snack, would you?
Re: Hartford Armory??
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 06:30:10 PM »
I got interested too and searched the net. There is or was a business by that name that manufactured later Colt & Remington products back in the 70s/80s in Collinsville CT. Read about the defaulting on some Remington orders. Have found nothing about muzzleloaders though a found them listed as a resource in a book chapter of the time by Ehrig. Interesting as I grew up back then & never heard of them either. Looks like a pretty good rifle.
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.

Offline EC121

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 07:52:24 PM »
They may have had someone building for them and putting their name on the rifle for resale.
Brice Stultz

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 01:43:36 AM »
The onlt Hartford Armory I have ever heard of was invovled in Cowboy Action Shooting trying to sell six-guns.  I don't remember muzzleloaders coming out of them.

Offline mesabi

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 04:17:07 AM »
This has been driving me nuts since you posted!  I'm sure that in the last year or two I saw an ad for Hartford Armory long rifles; it seems like it was a builder's name that I recognized.  I went through my few available back issues of Muzzleloader and Muzzle Blasts and couldn't find anything.

EMF (Early & Modern Firearms) had Hartford Model C&B revolvers that I believe were made by Armi San Marco when that company still existed.  I've also seen (via the internet) the Hartford Armory Italian revolvers, but very little in the way of specifics.

Have you talked to Track to see if they have any more information?