Author Topic: Question and Answer Video  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
Question and Answer Video
« on: April 17, 2020, 09:44:35 PM »
Hello everybody.  We've posted a new video.  If you don't mind hearing me yack, check it out.

Sound isn't as good as it could be, but still watchable I think.  We're posting another in the series of Q&A videos with improved sound, this evening.

Any questions or comments are great!

Thanks,
Jim

Offline jerrywh

• Jerrywh-gunmaker- Master  Engraver FEGA.
Re: Question and Answer Video
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 12:40:15 AM »
Looks like your wife beat you up again. Hit you over the eye huh?
Nobody is always correct, Not even me.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 12:47:56 AM »
Yeah, she has quite the temper ;) 

Actually, would you believe I'm just getting over the shingles and this is a remnent.  I still get some stabbing pains, but they are subsiding.  Guess this means I really am getting old.

And I have a bit of a black eye from a head butt from my two year old son!  Guess I can't win...

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 01:05:35 AM »
I subscribe to your channel so I watched just a few minutes after you posted. Good stuff. Shingles. Ugh. Bless your heart, that’s $#*!.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 01:27:05 AM »
Close to the eyes is VERY bad - Yikes - had the first shingles vaccine, need the second inside 4 months or some such deal.
Hope you have a complete recovery, Jim and soon.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Frank

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 01:38:55 AM »
They have shots for shingles. Probably to late now. Had some friends with shingles. Rough.

Offline ScottH

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 01:56:39 AM »
Jim
 Enjoyed your Q&A video! Thanks!
As to the shingles, if you have a recurrence, try to get on Acyclovir or equivalent asap.
So far they try to limit the vaccine to those over 60 years old, but I got one before that, with a prescription.
They apparently have a better one than the one I got 3 to 4 years ago so its worth asking your doctor about.
And to go along with Daryl, shingles by or near your eye is nothing to mess around with!
Best wishes!

Offline borderdogs

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 03:31:34 AM »
I had singles a few years ago it was on my back and shoulder but I caught it early. I only had a couple marks on my back and I felt the sharp pain. When my wife said whats the matter I told her I thought I had shingles and went to the walk in clinic and sure enough thats what it was. The doctor told me I caught it early earlier than they usually saw so it could have been worse. I had an employee who had it real bad the same time I had it. I had another one quite a few years before who had it by her eye which was pretty bad.

Enjoyed your video Jim!
Rob

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 04:39:31 AM »
Hope the shingles didn't make it to your eye. It gets bad in the eyes. The new shingle shot is supposed to be good and I really hope so because they leave you feeling pretty miserable.

Offline David G

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 02:43:51 PM »
Hi Jim, just wanted to take a moment and wish you a full and speedy recovery. Also, to thank you guys and gals for producing these videos on various subjects as I know they are appreciated by many.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 06:51:09 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes.  I still have a little discomfort, but the shingles are largely behind me now.  Thankfully! 

Here's another video in this series.  Any quesitons or comments, just let us know.  We can include them on an upcoming video.

All the best,
Jim

Video #2:

Offline jerrywh

• Jerrywh-gunmaker- Master  Engraver FEGA.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 07:15:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about the shingles Jim.  Those can be very bad. You could loose your eyesight.
Nobody is always correct, Not even me.

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2020, 12:06:26 AM »
Hi Jim,
Good videos.  Thanks for posting them.  I had shingles on my right cheek and inside my mouth and tongue.  It was horrendous and I still have nerve damage.  Hopefully, stress from your business wasn't the trigger.     

dave
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

Offline ScottH

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 03:43:09 AM »
Kibler team,
Thanks for taking the time to record and post these videos.

Offline Top Jaw

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2020, 11:21:25 AM »
I watched your videos Jim and heard a question or two about a Hawken or plains rifle. I personally think that would be a good seller, even though they were bigger in the 70s and 80s. I think they are iconic. It would also give you an outlet for leftover shorter pieces of wood for half stocks, and maybe even a percussion lock option, (if I’m allowed to say that here). 😁. Plus a shorter barrel might be cheaper, and perhaps with the wood and barrel savings, the price point of that particular kit could be less as well, which was another question you got.  I think a lower cost percussion plains option for someone who wasn’t a flint shooter “yet” (maybe the in-line hunter crowd) or for the person who wanted a softer entry point into your kits, might prove to be a popular item.  Just my thoughts.  Hope you get back to full health very soon.

Offline Terry Reynolds

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2020, 03:55:06 AM »
Hey Jim,

Great videos....but what was the power surge about in session 1?
aka “digger658”

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2020, 04:33:30 PM »
Hey Jim,

Great videos....but what was the power surge about in session 1?

Yeah, there was a power issue.  This usually interrupts the CNC machines and you have to get them up and going again.  Fortunately our power has been pretty reliable.  Just recently we put in a new 400 amp service dedicated to our shop.  This has been a big help.

I hear what you guys are saying about the shingles.  The sores are pretty much gone, but I still have nerve pain.  Even in places where sores never develped.  Weird stuff.

We posted another video yesterday.  Thanks for all the good questions.

Offline patchbox

• Starting Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2020, 10:11:52 PM »
Hi Jim.....About twenty five years ago I had an attack of the shingles. I had it in the same location as yours. It didn't affect my vision fortunately but left me with a scar on my left eye lid and on my nose next to my eye. I'm glad to hear that it didn't bother your vision and that its about gone.
       I'm enjoying all of your videos and your question and answer sessions. I hope your next kit is a Penn. fowler with a barrel 44  or 46 inches long since I already have the English fowler that we built in the Log Cabin class.
       I wish You, Kathrin and little Henry all the best...…..Chuck Papesh.

Offline prairieofthedog

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2020, 06:37:06 PM »
Another vote for a English Fowler!! Thanks for all you do.

Offline Frank

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2020, 08:07:05 PM »
Whatever you make please make it with a LOP no longer than 13.5 inches.