Author Topic: Brokennocks clamp  (Read 1183 times)

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
Brokennocks clamp
« on: April 23, 2020, 04:35:31 PM »
Refer to Brok's other post on this little clamp from Weaver Leather.  At 18 bucks this is a pretty good find.   Mine came yesterday and was recieved with some enthusiasm

Take a look;

Up there where I inserted the letter "c" in the picture I will contact cement some thin rubber (like you see on those round jar openers) on each face of the jaws.  That will friction hold work without marring it.

Down by point "B" there are only two plasterboard screws which can be undone  so you can twist the jaws and expose the faces of each.

At Point "A" there is a Phillips head screw holding the tension bolt in place.  Tightening it will increase the closure pressure on the jaws.

This bad boy can be affixed to a bench or to the slat-stand it comes with.

Looks like this is worth it for small projects at least.  It looks like it will hold hunting bag components because the space between the jaws is pretty roomy.

Tight Stitches

Capgun

Offline Brokennock

Re: Brokennocks clamp
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 05:57:47 AM »
Mine came in the mail yesterday, Thursday. I didn't get to do more than assemble it as I worked Weds night and had to come back into work for 7pm. It seems like it might be handy but I won't know till I try it.
Thanks for the idea to use jar opener rubber to pad the jaws, I was going to use scrap leather.

Offline steven baker

Re: Brokennocks clamp
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 11:32:57 AM »
Thats a very interesting piece of gear .From a person who is a bit green around handcraft gear they may mistake it for a miniature guillotine,anyway I hope it brings you a lot of satisfaction with your projects ,take care Steven.