Author Topic: More Antique Accouterments  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
More Antique Accouterments
« on: May 13, 2020, 11:45:27 PM »
Dick Gadler asked me to post these pics.   I am sure he will have some comments.

Offline mr. no gold

• member 2
Re: More Antique Accouterments
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 01:44:16 AM »
Thanks Mark for posting these. The top item slightly to the left (11 o'clock) is a hand forged camp axe with old wood; Next is a small horn with a buff white leather small pouch; Next is a pipe tomahawk with an octagonal bowl (rifle barrel?); Next item is a nicely engraved horn with differrent hunting scenes depicted (from Maryland); A small belt poll hatchet with old wood; Round, reddish item is a small candle holder; A shot bag; A soapstone bullet mold encased in walnut covers; A flat Philadelphia powder horn; A pick and brush chain; A large hand made frontier knife: Moving to the center of the photo: A polished wood, coat pocket powder and ball wallet; a small canteen; a carved wood spoon, possibly Woodland Indian; A patch knife; A small York County horn; And a cookie cutter in the shape of a poll hatchet.

The horns accompanying the two rifles are: A Large Lancaster mirror butt horn with silver bands; A very unusual (crude?) horn with red painted designs on it; The two dome butt horns have bottle noses and may be York County.

Offline jdm

• member 2
Re: More Antique Accouterments
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 05:49:36 AM »
That's a nice bunch of old  stuff. I love the old rifles but the things that went along with the times are a heck of a lot of fun too!  Just like the old guns you can hold these things and wonder .    Where did you come across the cookie cutter? Did  you ever try it out?   

Oh ya! That Bucks county gun ain't bad either.
JIM