General discussion > Antique Accoutrements

Another Original Doddridge County West Virginia pouch and horn

(1/2) > >>

JSperry:
Hello,
Here are a few photos of another Doddridge County Sherwood rifle, horn, bag, and knife.   I live in Doddridge County and collect Sherwood rifles.
Jeff Sperry

rollingb:

If you don't mind me asking,.... what is the stamp on the knife blade?

JSperry:
Hello RollingB
It looks like WARRANTED, ???ERIOR CUTLERY, SHEFFIELD.  Here is the best photo I could get. This should help. 

Ky-Flinter:

--- Quote from: mountainman70 on May 22, 2020, 05:36:47 PM ---Hi Jeff, welcome aboard. Nice stuff. I am going to post pics of the rifle seen in the picture in my post.  It was taken to Texas by descendant of orig owner. If I can find the paperwork I will post more info here. Dealer posted on gunbroker where I saw it and bought it. At the same time there was a near identical rifle wayyyyy out in Idaho, and I should have bought it too, but didn't.
I only had Whiskers WV book to judge builder on, but several friends here said most likely Sherwood.
You need to come down and shoot with us,Mountaineer Flintlocks. Or just hang out and bs,which I do a good bit of.
Heres some pics. Grimy ol front stuffer,but what stories it could tell.Best regards, Dave f in Charleston

--- End quote ---

backsplash75:
VERY cool center seam sheath!!!! Is there a belt loop or anything on the other side? Great simple bag too. Love it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version